Teens: Royal caribbean Mariner vs Carnival Liberty?

lakerat2

Have teenagers 13 & one turning 18 in Oct. I was planning on cruising Royal caribbean - Mariner or Navigator of the Sea. But I see Carnival's Liberty ship allows 18 years in the teen area, on RCI only up to 17 yrs old in the teen section.

Any opinons of one ship vs the other for first time cruisers?

Thanks

lakerat

We were just on the Carnival Valor last December. As far as I could tell, the teen activities on Carnival ships also only go to age 17. There were some kids who were already 18 in the group of high schoolers that my son hung out with ( he was just a couple of months shy of 17), and they were not allowed in to the Club O2 stuff with the younger kids). My kids didin't find that the organized club stuff was all that great though. The staff member directing the activities treated them more like middle school age kids than high school students....bit difference in attitudes and preferences at those ages.

From my own kids's experience on the Valor, and from reading other posters on these boards, I suspect that there might be more fun/interesting stuff to do on the RC ships for the older teens. I know that my kids wish that there had been a rock climbing wall, or a mini-golf course, or the surf/wave pool......but they had a good time anyway:rolleyes: .

"Scout" aka Carol

Dayton, OH

Archived