ROLL CALL: June 1-4, Infinity Repo SF-Vanc

chowderbsk

Greetings Sailors,

I realize that there is another roll call for this cruise on another thread, but I thought I would start another one here to see who all will be joining my roommate and I for this repositioning of the Infinity.

I noticed that they dropped the rates a bit for this three night sailing before the Atlantis' "Summer in Alaska" cruise.

With this being a mostly straight cruise, I was thinking that it might be fun to have a "Friends of Dorothy" meet up sometime during the cruise. Any thoughts?

That is it for now.

Best,

Brian and Ron

San Francisco

:)

After the muster drill sounds like a great time. I think we chose late dining, btw, so I hope that does not cause a problem. By the way, are you aware of what the dress codes are for this cruise? Will one of the nights be formal on a three night sailing? I guess I could investigate this over on the Celebrity site....anyway, that is it for now.

Best,

Brian:)

Brian, from reading other threads on Celebrity I believe that the second night will be formal. We may just do alternative dining that night, I don't know if we want to bring our suits for one evening considering how casual the Atlantis portion will be. Since we got married last year in Vancouver we had to pack them, but it would be nice to pack lighter this time. We booked the 3 day extension through Atlantis, so we never requested a dinner seating, I'll have to ask when they assigned us. When I've gone on straight cruises before I always took the late seating, so I wouldn't be rushed before dinner.

Cheers, Paul and Ron

I am with you Paul and Ron, as to bringing a tux. I will probably get a nice blazer to wear on both cruises, as I think we will want to dine in the SS United States alternative restaurant a few nights, and hope that a tux in not required.

We are getting quite antsy (sp?) about this trip, counting the days! Will you guys be doing any of the excursions? I want to see the Lumberjack Show, and perhaps go whale-watching. Also the tram in Juneau.

Brian:)

Brian, you definitely don't need a tux for the speciality restaurant, when we went to one on Norwegian with another Atlantis cruise, nobody even had jackets, of course if you go during the repo portion of the cruise, I'm sure it will be dressier. On our last Alaska trip the helicopter and seaplane trips were cancelled due to weather, though some flights did get out those days, it's just a crapshoot. We did the Mendenhall glacier and Gardens bus tour and were underwhlemed, but it was raining - we picked that up when the flight was cancelled. Seeing the hubbard glacier calving from the ship is so more dramatic. The Sitka tour with Folk dancing was unforgetable - and not in a good way! The dance troupe is made of volunteers and they mean well, but it was corny as hell and went on and on. We did the Thriller boat ride in Ketchikan and saw alot of eagles but not much else. The raptor center in Sitka was interesting. Didn't speak to anyone about the lumberjack show. Hope this was helpful.

You are cracking me up with the unforgetable stuff! I appreciate you insights, and they are right along with my assumptions. I am SO looking forward to the calving Hubbard glacier! I know I want to do the Juneau tram and the lumberjack thing. We will see. I may just want to sit in that spa pool thing all week!

Thanks again!

Brian

Archived