Back from Nassau - Scubagirrl & Betty2b

mikethedog

Nassau was great. Caught Jitney #10 near BCH and went to Ardastra Zoo. Well worth the $1 Jitney ride and $12 admission pp. Walked to Twin Brothers for lunch (you can see it from where the Jitney lets you off for Ardastra Zoo), spent $9 for a fantastic meal. I read in someone else's thread that the wait staff didn't care too much about you, but the food was great and that was true in our case, too. The waitress did not seem very friendly at all. They accepted the discount coupon I printed from the web, but they said the location of the Twin Brothers restaurant printed on the coupon closed about 2 years ago. They weren't real happy about accepting it, but you gotta give 'em credit for doing that. It was very nice of them. They didn't have to, but they did. If I had known about the different locations of the restaurant, I would not have presented the coupon. We shopped at the straw market (my wife was definitley in her element) and some shops and then I took off with a map looking for the Queen's Staircase, Water Tower, and Fort Fincastle. They were easy to find and well worth the hike. The fort was closed when I got to it, but I did get to walk around the outside of it and get some great views of the town and ships. Went back to the ship and had a fantastic supper. Thanks to everyone, but especially you two, for all the help and advise.

Mike

Nassau was great. Caught Jitney #10 near BCH and went to Ardastra Zoo. Well worth the $1 Jitney ride and $12 admission pp. Walked to Twin Brothers for lunch (you can see it from where the Jitney lets you off for Ardastra Zoo), spent $9 for a fantastic meal. I read in someone else's thread that the wait staff didn't care too much about you, but the food was great and that was true in our case, too. The waitress did not seem very friendly at all. They accepted the discount coupon I printed from the web, but they said the location of the Twin Brothers restaurant printed on the coupon closed about 2 years ago. They weren't real happy about accepting it, but you gotta give 'em credit for doing that. It was very nice of them. They didn't have to, but they did. If I had known about the different locations of the restaurant, I would not have presented the coupon. We shopped at the straw market (my wife was definitley in her element) and some shops and then I took off with a map looking for the Queen's Staircase, Water Tower, and Fort Fincastle. They were easy to find and well worth the hike. The fort was closed when I got to it, but I did get to walk around the outside of it and get some great views of the town and ships. Went back to the ship and had a fantastic supper. Thanks to everyone, but especially you two, for all the help and advise.

Mike

Glad you had a good time.. now it's time to book a land vacation and check out the "real" bahamas. See ya then.

Hey Scubagirrl,

You are so right about that. My dad is from Puerto Rico and I have visited the island three times. Each time I've been all over it and I understand exactly what you mean. I feel sorry for the folks who come in to San Juan on a cruise ship and just visit Old San Juan. (Just like you probably do for the cruising folks visiting Nassau). There is so much more to Puerto Rico than that section of the city. My family and I really enjoyed Nassau. It has the island life which I really love and what's really cool is they speak English, mon. I have also very much enjoyed visiting with you online and am indeed grateful for you putting me at ease about the visit with all of your valuable information. I don't know when I'll be back there with my family, but it would be great if we could meet you (I am sure you get that a lot).

Your friend,

Mike

Hey Scubagirrl,

You are so right about that. My dad is from Puerto Rico and I have visited the island three times. Each time I've been all over it and I understand exactly what you mean. I feel sorry for the folks who come in to San Juan on a cruise ship and just visit Old San Juan. (Just like you probably do for the cruising folks visiting Nassau). There is so much more to Puerto Rico than that section of the city. My family and I really enjoyed Nassau. It has the island life which I really love and what's really cool is they speak English, mon. I have also very much enjoyed visiting with you online and am indeed grateful for you putting me at ease about the visit with all of your valuable information. I don't know when I'll be back there with my family, but it would be great if we could meet you (I am sure you get that a lot).

Your friend,

Mike

Glad I could help.. and always like to meet (and make) new friends.

Let me know when you'll be back..

keep in touch

scubagirrl@yahoo.com

Archived