Covered balconies on the Coral, should I change?

erin6494

After looking at the very helpful coral map, I discovered our mini-suite has a covered balcony. I would love input from others on the up and down sides of having a covered balcony. Hopefully is not too late to change!

Thanks in advance for the input!

Erin

I prefer a covered balcony, as there is more privacy and more shelter from the weather and direct sun (we don't like to tan, but do like to sit in the shade). Others prefer open balconies for more sun and better views...simply a matter of personal preference

Because the ship sails in different directions and the sun isn't always directly overhead, sometimes the veranda will have full sun and sometimes it will have shade. There's always plenty of light and a sea breeze to remind you that having a veranda is practically mandatory on any cruise! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Cheers,

Kirsten

My current reservation on the CB is based on whether we can get a covered balcony. There were none available at the time of booking, so we have a request in for one. If we cannot get one by final payment, then we are switching to the RCCL Navigator and getting a covered JS.

We had a covered balcony on the Coral and it was bright and sunny most of the time.;)

My balcony preference, in order, would be: partially covered, fully covered, uncovered. My husband's had malignant melanoma and I am sort of past the sun-worshipping age now, and also...well, I am just a little skeeved out by the idea of people being able to look directly onto my fully open balcony.

We were in a mini-suite on the Island P. and were upgraded to it from a balcony. Our balcony was not covered and there is absolutely no privacy. Now when we book, we make sure our balcony is covered. But the upgrade was free so who's complaining :p

We were in a balcony cabin on the Aloha deck on the Coral and it was TOO covered. The Lido deck had a very wide overhang and blocked our view way too much. You couldn't take a decent picture from the balcony because the overhang was always in the picture. Our Aloha balcony on the Diamond was wonderful. It protected us from the rain in Tracy Arm and gave us great views during the cruise.

Archived