Past 6 day Liberty cruisers HELP!!!!!!

deb380

After all our readings husband and I are at war. We are on the Liberty this Saturday a 6 day cruise.

Fact or fiction: There are 2 formal night dinners. Is the Captains dinner the most formal I say Yes, It should be on Tuesday when we are at sea all day.

The second dinner if I remember correctly is semi formal, Fact or fiction? Woman can dress up to the max or just wear a nice dress.

This dinner should be on Friday.

SO past Liberty cruisers Help!!!

We were on the Liberty in Feb and yes, the Captain's formal night (Monday) is the more formal of the 2

The second night is Thursday, I believe. People were less formal.

In fact, the formal nights were the LEAST formal we've ever experienced. No one was in jeans, but I was one of the only men in a tux.

Ladies were mixed, cocktail dresses to gowns.

Hope this helps!!

Thank you!! I thought I was right, but come on isn't the woman always right.

You read and read these boards and then go blank but I knew I was right because that's how I planned my outfits.

Hubby's going to eat some crow.

The first formal night is Monday - the day you're in Freeport. The formal optional night is Thursday - the day you're in Costa Maya. We got dressed up both nights, as did most people on our cruise last month. Have fun!

How dressed up is dressed up?

I scored 2 evening gowns recently. I was just going to bring the short elegant one for the Monday and a nice dress for Thursday?

Any thoughts, I just wasn't sure about the long one?

We were on the 6-night Liberty 3/26/06. The first formal was on Monday-Freeport. The second one was on Thursday-Costa Maya and wasn't even mentioned it was just listed in the capers as being Formal Optional. I found most people in the Silver Dining Room for 8pm dinner did not dress up. There were a couple dress formal, some in casual dress and most wore casual clothes.

DW & I just got back from the Valor, (sister ship to the Liberty), Sunday. It seems Carnival's formal dress requirements are not as rigid as we've experienced on other lines. Even on their web site it states jacket and tie for men is formal enough on formal nights. Dark suit or Tux was required on Celebrity and RCCL. I did see the whole range of dining attire on women on the formal nights. You will not feel over or under dressed as long as you don't where jeans or shorts. I hope this helps.

Harvey

As stated previously Monday is formal night and Thursday is optional formal. I think what you were planning on wearing would be more than acceptable. On Monday I wore a long silk dress and on Thursday I wore a pant outfit that looked like a long black dress but short dresses are more than acceptable, I just happended to have more long dresses. Most men wore a suit & tie, I didn't see any tuxes, not to say there weren't any. On Thursday's optional formal, my husband opted not to wear his suit jacket but did wear a tie.

Thursday was Formal Optional - not sure what that meant:confused:

Technically, "Formal Optional" means absolutely nothing at all. Passengers are free to wear dark suits or tuxes on any night they want so putting this option in writing for one specific night is completely redundant.:rolleyes:

If anything, it's a half-hearted attempt to appeal to people that enjoy formal nights without putting off people that don't.

............ but come on isn't the woman always right.

Hubby's going to eat some crow.

deb380,

In their minds, yes the woman is always right. :)

Depends on how you read the 'formal option.' The way I read it, formal option means dress formal or don't come, thus it's more formal given that the first night is just 'formal' night.

Technically, "Formal Optional" means absolutely nothing at all. Passengers are free to wear dark suits or tuxes on any night they want so putting this option in writing for one specific night is completely redundant.:rolleyes:

Excellent point...never thought of that way but you are absolutely correct!

Archived