CENTURY: T-pool eliminated?

poetic license

Looking at the deck plans for the refurbished CENTURY after May 30, I noticed the T-pool is no longer in the spa! So I looked on all the other decks -- nothing! Is Celebrity doing away with it in the drydock? Nice that it's getting an AquaSpa Cafe, but geez, not if the T-pool bites the dust to do it.

Anyone know?

Yes, it's history. They are expanding the spa and putting the acupuncture rooms in there as well as some other new things. Peppermint showers for one, sounds wierd I know. People are not happy about this plan. Even the agents were complaining last week when we had a seminar on board. We all had a free day pass and got to use the pool one last time. The Persian Garden will rival the Millenium spa area so I have a feeling they are covering themselves and you will all be pleased.

The "T"-pool on the Constellation (M-Class) wasn't only a therapeutic pool, but also an ADULT ONLY pool area.

Does this mean by removing the "T"-pool from the Century Class ships that the ADULT ONLY concept will be removed as well? Will there be any pool in it's place?

The T pool on the Century class ships is in a bad location.

Almost no one uses it.

You feel like you are in a cave when in the area.

A waste of space for Celebrity and the spa people.

When on the Galaxy this past trip we used it twice.

No one else in sight.

And every am I was in the spa - there was no one in the pool.

The Millie series ship got it right.

Have it out for people to use.

Whether that particular question was answered at seminar escapes me but the new layout appears in the TA guide showing three round circles with small black circles in the center. They are the same size as the pool area hot tubs but I'm not certain what these are meant to be. If not tubs maybe these are the peppermint showers. As for an actual pool I'm afraid the answer is, no. I await the new brochures which I will receive this week. When I find out I'll let you know. I doubt this area will be over run with children though.

The T pool on the Century class ships is in a bad location.

Almost no one uses it.

You feel like you are in a cave when in the area.

A waste of space for Celebrity and the spa people.

When on the Galaxy this past trip we used it twice.

No one else in sight.

And every am I was in the spa - there was no one in the pool.

The Millie series ship got it right.

Have it out for people to use.

I have sailed Century 5 times and made frequent use of the T Pool. While it was never what I would call crowded there was always at least a couple of other people when I used it and often more. I liked that it was a little dark in there, it was more relaxing for me.

Terri

I have sailed Century 5 times and made frequent use of the T Pool. While it was never what I would call crowded there was always at least a couple of other people when I used it and often more. I liked that it was a little dark in there, it was more relaxing for me.

Terri

Dark? was is without a solarium? was it enclosed indoors without windows?

On the Century class vessels, the t-pool is IN the spa. It is adults only.

The t-pools on the M-class ships merely replaced a second magadrome pool which was the original intent of the design (originally designed as a Radiance class hull). The t-pools on the M-class are anemic in power compared to those on the Century-class vessels.

Century's spa,salon and gym are undergoing a gut renovation. A new spa cafe, barber shop (men only) and Persian Gardens will be installed as well as more treatment rooms, which will have windows. Reception, the salon and gym are being relocated.

Century's t-pool is history, sad to say.

Century's t-pool was what made Celebrity's spas.. the best at sea!

And I'd been working toward Elite status so i could use it free next time. Really was a great pool with strong jets. As far as being or not being a money maker, the fact that the T pool on M class ships is free, what's money making about it? At least on Century you COULD buy a week's pass if you weren't in a suite or Elite. I am very saddened by its elimination.

Are the Galaxy and Mercury's T pools like Century's was? Thanks

And I'd been working toward Elite status so i could use it free next time. Really was a great pool with strong jets. As far as being or not being a money maker, the fact that the T pool on M class ships is free, what's money making about it? At least on Century you COULD buy a week's pass if you weren't in a suite or Elite. I am very saddened by its elimination.

Are the Galaxy and Mercury's T pools like Century's was? Thanks

Yes. Of the three, I think the jets were the most powerful on Galaxy.

This is VERY sad news. It effectively takes Century off my list of ships I like to sail. The T-pool (and other line's versions of) is a major part of what I look for in a ship. So for me, this truly is bad new.

T pool or not I would like to sail Century after her refurbishment. I was pleased with her last week so I cannot imagine how wonderful she will be in June. Don't cut off your nose to spite our face!

Even though the loss of the T Pool is a major disappointment to me I'm still planning on cruising on her in November. I don't know if not having the T Pool will change my opinion of Century or not, she's always been my favorite ship.

Terri

I am also unhappy that the Century's T-pool will be gone. :( That was my favorite place on the ship. When I was on the Century about 5-1/2 months ago, those wonderful jets and the soothing warm water and steam helped heal my sore back. I'll be sailing on the Century again in December, and I know I will still enjoy the spa area and treatments (and new balconies), but I'll also be wishing for that wonderful pool.

Cindy

Archived