Cape Liberty, NY, viewing place

I am Departing on the Celebrity Constellation on 28th April, Does anyone know the best camera freindly place to watch the cruiseships arriving at Cape Liberty cruise terminal.

Next cruises;---

Constellation Transatlantic--28th April

Freedom of the Seas maiden voyage--4th June

Voyager of the Seas Transatlantic--14th November

Yes there is a park just south of the Cruise terminal(its the first full street after Wolcott Street. You can park on the street and walk to the end of the pier and get a great view of it entering. I'll see if I can find a better map....

Its at the corner of Ferris street and Coffey street I believe...

Thanks for that info on the viewing point for cape liberty, if you have a map that would be great, just to point out that i am English and dont know the area,

Thankyou:)

try this the park(NOT SHOWN ON THE MAP) is at the end of the street( and you can see the pier to the right of the intersection. Even though you can go to the end of Wolcott Street its not a good place to see it(ittends to be filled in with trucks that deliver snapple).

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=Coffey%20St%20%26%20Ferris%20St&city=Brooklyn&state=NY&zipcode=11231&country=US&geodiff=1

Hi again Smeyer,

You are getting good at this , thanks very much,

Please would you just confirm that the cruise terminal is off Staten island but the best viewing point for me would be where you say, from long island. Or maybe the terminal is on long island, i am not too sure.

Once again thankyou.

Hi again Smeyer,

You are getting good at this , thanks very much,

Please would you just confirm that the cruise terminal is off Staten island but the best viewing point for me would be where you say, from long island. Or maybe the terminal is on long island, i am not too sure.

Once again thankyou.

I was curious, because I hadn't ever heard of Cape Liberty, and couldn't figure out what you wrote about Staten Island and Long Island.

Unless I looked up the wrong thing - Cape Liberty port is in New Jersey.

You had asked for a great place for viewing and taking pics - which the park would be, but the park for viewing is in Brooklyn (which is "physically" part of Long Island - but most Brooklynites don't agree ;) ). While it would be a great place to go just for the view - if you are coming in to sail out of Cape Liberty (what I knew as Port Liberty) - do you want to come to Brooklyn?

You might be able to get a good view from Liberty Park (which is close to the port (Liberty) and a really nice place to walk, but I'm not certain.

I was curious, because I hadn't ever heard of Cape Liberty, and couldn't figure out what you wrote about Staten Island and Long Island.

Unless I looked up the wrong thing - Cape Liberty port is in New Jersey.

You had asked for a great place for viewing and taking pics - which the park would be, but the park for viewing is in Brooklyn (which is "physically" part of Long Island - but most Brooklynites don't agree ;) ). While it would be a great place to go just for the view - if you are coming in to sail out of Cape Liberty (what I knew as Port Liberty) - do you want to come to Brooklyn?

You might be able to get a good view from Liberty Park (which is close to the port (Liberty) and a really nice place to walk, but I'm not certain.

Cape liberty cruise terminal is now as i understand in Bayonne which is stuated in the old Bayonne military Ocean Terminal

Maybe the good vantage points here might be at the end of the terminal if public access is allowed or maybe from the area at Staten iskand musuem/ st. george ferry terminal area.:confused:

Cape liberty cruise terminal is now as i understand in Bayonne which is stuated in the old Bayonne military Ocean Terminal

Maybe the good vantage points here might be at the end of the terminal if public access is allowed or maybe from the area at Staten iskand musuem/ st. george ferry terminal area.:confused:

Bayonne is in New Jersey, just across from Staten Island. We haven't watched any ships coming into Cape Liberty. I asked dh about the SI ferry terminal (St. George ferry terminal). He said it might have great views, but it's possible that depending on the angle the ship comes in on it might be an obstructed view.

Just "north" of the Verrazano Narrows bridge on the Brooklyn side is a small parking lot off the eastbound Belt Parkway that would give you a great view - the waters are "narrow" here - thus the name - and you would probably get a great shot - but again - it's Brooklyn.

Genessa, yea thanks for advice, i have a few days in New York before departure, so i am going to explore around the area to locate best views taking in your ideas as well, thankfully i am staying near the Bayonne area whicjh will be an advantage i hope.

And Mr.Pete, yes viewing a ship pull in from another ship is the ideal way, but at around 6 am i doubt you have not much choice unless if you no anything different.

Thankyou:) :)

Genessa, yea thanks for advice, i have a few days in New York before departure, so i am going to explore around the area to locate best views taking in your ideas as well, thankfully i am staying near the Bayonne area whicjh will be an advantage i hope.

And Mr.Pete, yes viewing a ship pull in from another ship is the ideal way, but at around 6 am i doubt you have not much choice unless if you no anything different.

Thankyou:) :)

actually, if you're going to be around for a few days - check out the Staten Island ferry schedule ;). There just might be one that will be at the right time.

Seriously, if you hadn't read it already, the views from the ferry are incredible - and free...

Archived