Table for 2

gallerygirl

Though we have had the good fortune of being on 11 cruises with Celebrity, this is our first with HAL. We are very excited to try the Noordam on her Fall Transatlantic! I was wondering, how likely are we to get a table for 2 if we request it upon our reservation. It is our Anniversary and we love to enjoy our romantic dinners together! Thanks so much!

We just returned from the Oosterdam. We requested a table for two when we booked several months ago. We were seated at a wonderful table for two on the upper level of the dining room. Last year on the Zuiderdam, we also had a table for two but the location was not great. It was on the lower level. They sat us at a table very close to another table for two. It was in the middle of the room and very noisy. As it turned out, the nearby table was only occupied the first night so we didn't try to change. Both the Oosterdam and the Zuiderdam are Vista class ships, different from what you have booked.

You may want to research table location and make that part of your request.

We just returned from the Oosterdam. We requested a table for two when we booked several months ago. We were seated at a wonderful table for two on the upper level of the dining room. Last year on the Zuiderdam, we also had a table for two but the location was not great. It was on the lower level. They sat us at a table very close to another table for two. It was in the middle of the room and very noisy. As it turned out, the nearby table was only occupied the first night so we didn't try to change. Both the Oosterdam and the Zuiderdam are Vista class ships, different from what you have booked.

You may want to research table location and make that part of your request.

How does one research the table locations?

Is there a dining room chart anywhere to view?

CAn you actually request a certain table?

Thanks!

We did request, through our TA, a table for 2 at the 8pm sitting. This request was made at the time of booking last Sept for our April sailing. When our doc's arrived last week it states confirmed dining : main lower.

I thought that the 8pm sitting was on the upper level. Now I am somewhat concerned that our request may not have been made right away by our TA.

Also I've seen it mentioned to check out the location of your table. How do you do this? Or should the TA have looked after this as well?

I telephoned HAL a couple of weeks ago and requested a dining room seating plan - the young lady was very helpful: she both faxed it and e-mailed it to me at my request, with info on how to request a specific table (the seating plan indicates table for two/four/six, etc., and are numbered).

You can get HAL's phone # and e-mail address from their website.

Good luck.

Thank you, explorer1, for your info. I immediately called HAL and was emailed within five minutes the dining room table plans for the Oosterdam. We had a table that my husband just loved but neither one of us could remember the exact number as we had switched tables once we got onboard. Now I've got the info I need to try to request this table again.

We did request, through our TA, a table for 2 at the 8pm sitting. This request was made at the time of booking last Sept for our April sailing. When our doc's arrived last week it states confirmed dining : main lower.

I thought that the 8pm sitting was on the upper level. Now I am somewhat concerned that our request may not have been made right away by our TA.

Don't worry, on any HAL ship I've been on both levels were used for main sitting, and I think for the early sitting as well.

Don't worry, on any HAL ship I've been on both levels were used for main sitting, and I think for the early sitting as well.

Both levels do have early and main (late) seating, but the times are staggered. 8 PM is on Upper Level.

Marbella- Table size is not confirmed on your documents, just seating time. Your TA could have requested table for 2 and you may get it, but it will not be stated on your documents. You will get that info at check-in and you can request a change with the maitre d', but it may or may not be possible for him to accomodate you at that time. All tables for 2 may already be taken.

Early Upper: 5:30

Early Lower: 6:00

Main Upper: 8:00

Main Lower: 8:30

We just returned from the March 26th cruise on the Westerdam. We had requested a table for 2. After being assigned to a table for 8 we were told by the maitre d that there were 100 couples waitlisted for a table for 2. We had been lucky to get tables for 2 in the past but not on this cruise. If there were indeed 100 couples waitlisted maybe HAL needs to consider reconfiguring their dining rooms to accomodate more tables for 2.

We also just returned Westerdam 03/26 also we requested a table for 2 (I have done a review) we were on main lower 8 30pm I dont think the people who's table we were on the end of were excpecting us, I smiled but they were less than accomadating:eek: we went to the front desk and I explained it was the first time we had been away on our own in 20 years we were very nice about it, she phoned down to the dining room and explained the situation they said they would have a look at the situation but didn't think they could change it, I said in a very nice manner I did not think we would go to the dining room, the next lunchtime there was a note in our mailbox to say our table number had been changed, we arrived at the dining room that night and it was a table for 4 our steward said the people had moved to upper, we were very lucky. I do believe by looking at the deck plans in the HAL brochure (or on the website) you can work out which are tables for 2 but not there numbers, you need a magnifying glass though:D

Archived