Boarding question (and DOC DANCE!!!)

I am going on Empress 4/29 to Bermuda (that's the first one this year). I got my documents earlier this week (and have been dancing since!!!!). I have seen many posts about boarding earlier than the suggested time. However, on this cruise, we sail at 3:00. Docs say boarding time is 12:00. Is it possible to board early when the "official" time is this early in the day? I am leaving from Philly which is a 2-2 1/2 hour drive for me and I'm trying to decide what time I should leave.

Thanks for the help....not only with this question but for the TONS of information I gathered here prior to my Grandeur cruise last year!

Kelly

Kelly, we'll be waving to you as we get off the ship at 7:00 that morning...we are flying from Phila to San Juan and sailing "home"...it's always been our experience that we can board well earlier than their stated time. I'd think you could at least check in between 10 and 11...the Empress is a fairly small ship so the debarkation process shouldn't take as long. There will be a place to mill about until they open the gangway, anyhow, should you be early! The Windjammer will be open as soon as you're onboard for food!!

Have a great cruise!

eileen:D

Thanks Eileen! I will probably be waving to everyone I see since this is my first ever "girls only" trip! My sisters, mother, and I are taking my Granmother for her 90th b-day this year and we can't wait! I love my hubby and kids to death, but the thought of no responsibilities all week.....!!

I'm sure we'll head directly to the Windjammer! :)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise as well.

Kelly

Archived