Any opinions on the Zenith Suites?

mrdorbert

Since the ship is small and does not have balconies there isn't much to a suite other than a few more square feet. The butler service is still excellent but the rooms are not like the bigger ships with all the frills. If you like more space then you will be happier but keep in mind you are really only at sea one day before you arrive for 4 days in beautiful Bermuda. Then you have one day again on the way back and you are in Bayonne again. If you get a good price indulge and enjoy yourself. The Zennith is a very enjoyable ship with a very warm comfortable way about it. Staff and crew are top notch. As for the frills who cares about fancy paintings and lavish dinning rooms like the bigger ships when the food is the best and your vacation will be everything you want it to be. Enjoy!

Ellen

We have been in Horizon suites and the extra space is nice. Also, the bathroom is a bit larger with a tub. The butler is a plus. Check on other threads that discuss what services folks have received such as shrimp cocktails delivered to your cabin prior to dinner, etc. Location is also great, one level up to the pool. Enjoy your cabin and cruise!

We also have been in a Horizon Suite which is identical to the ZS. I agree with the previous posts. These suites are nice but sometimes they are priced too high over a normal cabin in my opinion.

We booked the HS (see link to photos of the suite below) simply because we wanted the extra space for our family of 4 as opposed to being holed up in a standard sized quad (and the price was reasonable). The large window was plus, but I did miss having a balcony. We had a great butler, too.

Thanks for the info... This is going to be a special trip, my Father was in the Navy, and we spent 6 years in Bermuda. We haven't been back in 30 years. We've booked 3 Suites... 1 for Mom and Dad, 1 for my sister and her Husband, and 1 for my husband & I. I just want to make sure we're not disappointed. I really appreciate all the info you all are giving me, I'm starting to feel like I made the right choice!

Thanks again.

p.s. - Thanks for the HS pics... they're great!

Never stayed in a ZS but have done CC a few doors down several times. They are MUCH more spacious than the other cabins and (at least on our cruise) were only a few hundred more than the CC. Problem is, they book up fast, six months out on our last cruise. I would recommend, IMHO Z's only down fall is her tight cabins.

We just returned from Zenith 4/3/06 sailing. We had #1022. Loved the size of cabin, but gosh, the cabins are in bad need of refurbishment. There were new bedspreads and drapes, but no caulking in bathroom area and rust where metal meets marble. The carpet was awful, so bad in fact we would not walk without shoes or slippers. Our Butler was John and he was the worst butler we have ever had. He did the absolute minimum and acted put upon when ever we asked a question. The rest of the ship, was in quite good shape. The food and service [other than butler] was outstanding.

Archived