Any updates on newbuild?

The Admiral

just wondering if there have been any updates, rumors, designs etc... on the new X newbuild?

Hi Admiral !

I was on Century 3 weeks ago, and I was not able to find out anything at all. I truly believe that Celebrity wants to keep it quiet for now.

What we do know, is there are 2 ships planned for now. The first newbuild will be named Solstice, and the 2nd will be named Equinox.

Hopefully, we will hear more details over the coming months.

One cruise director told me it will have a real ballroom floor..

All I can find is :

Celestial Ships For Celebrity

February 20: Celebrity Cruises, an affiliate of Royal Caribbean, has ordered a sister to their initial order for a 118,000 gt post-Panamax Challenger-class vessel from Meyer Werft in Papenburg, Germany. The CELEBRITY SOLSTICE is expected to be delivered in the autumn of 2008, while the second ship, named CELEBRITY EQUINOX, is to be completed in the summer of 2009. Celebrity has a history with Meyer Weft, who built five of their cruise ships in the early and mid 1990s. CELEBRITY EQUINOX will be 315 meters long, 36.8 meters wide and carry 2,850 passengers in 1,425 cabins. More than 90% of the ship's staterooms will be outside cabins, and over 90% of those will have balconies. The standard stateroom will measure an above industry average of 215 square feet. Both ships will be equipped with diesel engines and pods powered by a 63,000 kW diesel-electric power plant.

Archived