4x4 and Beach Tour RCCL

love2vacation

We took the 4x4 tour with the Paradise beach stop on our recent Serenade cruise.

Here are my thoughts.

It was nice because you saw the "interior" as well as some coast, and also saw where the islanders lived. Bathsheba was lovely as well as paradise beach. I have some beautiful photos of these areas. We learned much along the way as our tour guide was very informative about the island, people, and history. Just wished she wouldn't have driven so fast...... I would have liked to stop a couple more times for photos.

Barbados is another island that we definitely want to return to and see more.

I liked that it was a morning tour so we had the afternoon to kick back on the ship. After such a port intensive cruise ITN this was a definite plus.

I would recommend this tour because you get to see a bit of everything. It may be a bit of a bumpy ride for some, though.

:rolleyes: :p I would love to see pictures. angelaandjohn@charter.net We will be on the AOS April 29th,2007. Barbados is one of our ports of call. We are thinking about the 4 x4 excursion. We did one in Jamaica 2 years ago and had a blast.

What time did the excursion leave the ship? Did the vendor pick you up in the 4x4 vehicle? were you able to make any stops along the way to take pictures? what was the beach area like..bathrooms:rolleyes: ??? Approximatly what time did you return to the ship? What ship were you folks on?

Thank You for sharing your info.

Angela of California/Daycare Provider

Angela,

I think this is a tour you can do either AM or PM. We did the AM and met the jeeps at 8:30, and were back at the ship around 1:00. (We chose to go back on the ship eat lunch, and enjoy the pool, but you could take a cab to another beach or do something else in the PM.)

I think there were 3 jeeps in our group. Our driver was a woman and she was FAST!:eek: There was a part through the pasture, brush that was a bit bumpy and you had to hang on and keep you head, etc. inside the open 4x4. There was a stop for snacks and drinks in Bathsheba and of course the beach stop. She did stop a couple other places for phot ops. I did not use the restrooms at the beach, but there was a lifeguard and restrooms at Paradise beach. The tour served us pop and punch after the beach, and I always bring my water bottle so I didn't check for beverages being sold at the beach.

Here is a link to some of our photos. Just go down to the Barbados folder, I don't think I took a picture of the jeeps though. ANother thing- ignore the date on the photo is is really 3/16/06! New camera, forgot to turn off date!

Have a great cruise, I am still in cruise withdrawl.......................

http://www.jlfcruise06.dell.shutterfly.com

We were at the Serenade in March and did the 4x4 tour too. Great tour, great Island and indeed...that lady drove like hell ;)

Paradise Beach is a nice beach with views at the Cruisepier. But keep your eyes open, a tourist was robbed. Stay at the beach, because robbers can easly hide in the ruins along the mainroad to this beach.

I've made 200 photos, I loved Barbabos and this tour!

We were at the Serenade in March and did the 4x4 tour too. Great tour, great Island and indeed...that lady drove like hell ;)

Paradise Beach is a nice beach with views at the Cruisepier. But keep your eyes open, a tourist was robbed. Stay at the beach, because robbers can easly hide in the ruins along the mainroad to this beach.

I've made 200 photos, I loved Barbabos and this tour!

Hey, what week did you go? We were on the March 11th Sailing.

Judi

Thank you once again for the great info. We will be doing the morning excursion if possible. Afterwards we are going to Malibu Beach for some Malibu Rum tasting.:D :D

The faster the better in a 4 x4. Since you stated that you can see the cruise pier, I am assuming that Paradise Beach is on teh west side of the island?

Angela

Thank you once again for the great info. We will be doing the morning excursion if possible. Afterwards we are going to Malibu Beach for some Malibu Rum tasting.:D :D

The faster the better in a 4 x4. Since you stated that you can see the cruise pier, I am assuming that Paradise Beach is on teh west side of the island?

Angela

Sounds like a good plan. I love those rum drinks!

I don't remember seeing the cruise pier from where we sat on the beach, but the beach stop is at the end of the tour and it is near the Sandy Lane Resort. (The one where Tiger Woods got married.) It is a short drive back to the pier, and from the map it looks like you are correct in the direction.

It was a beautiful quiet beach in the AM, and there were not many other people there besides the ones from our tour. You should have a great day.

Archived