Table etiquette question

AZ TRAVEL

DEPENDS ON YOUR TABLE MATES!!

Several years ago we were surprised when on the second night, one of the couples was sitting in different seats and they said that's what they did on their 30+ cruises.

We soon figured out why - the man was boring and obnoxious (example: he told my 30 year old friend that her skin looked like 40 years old and she should use better moisturizer). Someone years ago probably suggested switching seats as a means of getting away from him.

So it became the joke of our cruise - whoever arrived last ended up sitting next to him.

Diane

First come first served...

I like to eat at early dining, and try to watch the sunset through the window, so I like to get there early to sit either by or so I can see the window..

Is it boy/girl, boy/girl..... or boy/boy, girl/girl?

On cruise, at a 6 seat rectangular, we changed our seats the second night, one of the other couples didn't like it I guess so they didn't come back. Was it something I said?

I like to sit facing the door, that way no one can sneak up on me.

I'm one who likes to move around. Unless seats are assigned I move around.

Fascination-sat at a 10 round with 3 other Girl Scout leaders and a couple. We had empty spots and did move around a bit.

Sensation and Conquest-we sat at a booth and rectangle for 6 for our family of 5 and we switched around regularly!

Inspiration-sat at a booth with 2 other couples. We switched, sitting side by side or across from each other. Sometime boy/girl/boy on one side and girl/boy/girl on the other. It was fun.

On HAL Veendam we had a table for two but DH and I even switched there too. On the last night we moved to a table with CC friends(and bumped the odd couple to our 2 top!!!) and each couple sat across from each other.

I think it would be rude not to switch if a window is involved. I've heard of people "fighting" to get to the table first to get the window seats. That's just wrong. First come, etc. and give others a chance for a view! I hope on our Liberty cruise my DD and I are at a big table and everyone is willing to move around to get to know others.

BTW, I switch seats at church, on bus tours, during classes.....I like to mix it up unless the seats are assigned.

Archived