Belize Zipline Tour...5.5 hrs?

We were just in Belize (Splendour's 3/31 sailing) and did the cave tubing/zip-line combo. Including travel time to Jaguar Paw Resort and back the excursion was longer than 5.5 hrs. more like 7.5 maybe. We had some time for shopping in Belize before the ship left, but not more than an hour.

We met up with another couple that did the Lost World Canopy Tour (listed as 6 hrs.) at a different location (Savanah Pine Ridge). I think they mentioned that they had a much longer travel time to their location (1.5 hrs?). They only had 5 "traverses" and mentioned that they didn't really see "caves" per se. After talking to us they wished they had gone on our excursion ... we had about a 40 min drive and the zip-line portion had 8-9 platforms and a quick rapel down at the end ... and of course the cave-tubing portion of the trip which they didn't have at all! We had the king of tour guides (named Carlos) ... he was hysterical and kept us engaged on the drives to and from the tour. Our excursion cost more, but I think we got more for the money.

Any other questions?

Maura & Michael

P.S. We had a "handicapped" person on our excursion and he did the zip line first!!! He gave a lot of people confidence that they could handle it.

We were with MM281 (swinging baboons?) on the same tour. Carlos was our guide as well on bus 44. The Combo tour was definitely better and worth the money. Carlos is a great guide and kept everyone engaged the entire time and the tour didn't feel like it was all day even though we were gone until about 3:00 in the afternoon. There were alot of people (maybe 50 in our group?) but we always felt safe. I know some folks prefer the private tours because they were more "intimate" but we had a blast. Oh, I have 30 minutes of video from "up in the trees" I'll try to get up on the web soon (if I figure out how to).

Archived