Belize beaches on your own???

kelz66

I need a back up plan. Carnival is not taking advanced bookings of the private beach break. I need a back up plan incase they are booked up when I get onboard.

Can you get to a beach from the port? And is there a beach where you can get something to eat and drink???

I know I won't find a place with the same ammentities as Bannister island, but I need a back up plan.:D

Hi there, when we came, we considered old belize, but then we decided we wanted to go out to the cayes and see the beautiful water. when you arrive at the tourism village exit and walk down to the marine terminal by swing bridge. there are boats all the time. we did it when where there and it is easy. people are friendly and helpful. once out in caye caulker, which is closer than san pedro you can walk around and swim at the split or take one of the local reef trips offered from the shops on the caye. lots of restaurants. we enjoyed it so much we are going back to stay a week. have fun, we did.

Hi there, when we came, we considered old belize, but then we decided we wanted to go out to the cayes and see the beautiful water. when you arrive at the tourism village exit and walk down to the marine terminal by swing bridge. there are boats all the time. we did it when where there and it is easy. people are friendly and helpful. once out in caye caulker, which is closer than san pedro you can walk around and swim at the split or take one of the local reef trips offered from the shops on the caye. lots of restaurants. we enjoyed it so much we are going back to stay a week. have fun, we did.

Thanks!!!:cool:

I've been trying to find out about the water taxi to Caye Caulker. How far is that from the port and is that the area that you spoke of being near the swing bridge? How far is it and is a a safe walk? Is the water taxi reliable?

We booked a snorkeling tour through Coral Breeze and went to Caye Caulker. It took us about 35-40 minutes to get to Caye Caulker from the tourism village. When we were on Caye Caulker I did see a water taxi getting ready to leave the island, but since we were on an excursion already, I didn't deal with them. Our tour guide told us that the water taxis are used regularly so I don't think you'll have a problem.

I, too, loved Caye Caulker and plan on spending a full week there multiple times. It's my new favorite place. :) I kept joking with our tour guides that I didn't want to leave - ever.

Archived