Silvermoon--best excursion we took in 11 days!

ParrotTops

We just got back from the 11 day Empress of the Seas Caribbean cruise--The Silvermoon was the best tour we took on this trip by far!!! (Also did the much touted Eli's in Antigua which was just so-so). The crew on Silvermoon was outstanding! They treat you like royalty--waiting on you hand and foot--making sure you are having a great time without being instrusive. The catamaran itself is gorgeous and very comfortable--all padded seats and also you can lay out on the bow...The lunch was served on real plates and was fabulous-they get it catered in. The drinks keep flowing--whatever you want--fruit juices, wines, pina-colada's, strawberry daquiri's, soft drinks, beer. The price is unbelievable for what they give you in food and drinks alone! Snorkeling with the turtles was awesome-they feed them and they come right up to you and you can touch them and feed them yourself too! I willl remember our day on Silvermoon the rest of my life. It was so incredible it was sur-real!!!! If you ever go to Barbados-make SURE you take this day excursion!!

The turtles are surprising close to the beach--but you definately could NOT stand in it--I'd say the water is about 20 ft deep but I have to admit, we did not bother looking down we were so engrossed in the turtles! Big ones, baby ones! All right there swimming amongst us, eating fish pieces out of our hands!

Archived