Santorini Tour

I thought I was all finished on hiring tours for our Med. cruise but now I need another driver for a second group in Santorini. Does anyone have a good experience with a professional there to share with us? I have already hired Nikos of Santorini Pixel Tours. Thanks for your ideas. Myra

JXOPF - I am curious what you were quoted for a private tour - I was quoted 600 euro for 6 people and 800 for 7 - this is way too much for an island tour! We are renting a minivan for 65 euros instead.

Here is the company we toured with. We had a good tour.

http://www.oceanwavetours.com/

We only paid E50.00 pp for an all day tour. We had 2 vans of 8 passengers each and they took us everywhere. The only think I would recommend is not doing a lunch stop and going back into Fira so you would have more time to shop there. There are lots of great eating places in town at reasonable prices.

Mary

We will be in Santorini in June and are looking into using a tour guide from http://www.santoriniprivatetours.com I got the name of this website from these boards. The website is nicely done and provides alot of information.

I am wondering, however, how to determine if a particular company is licensed and regulated? I didn't see anything on their website indicating that they are licensed.

I would appreciate any comments from those who have toured with this particular company. We will be traveling with our children ages 10 and 12 and I want to make sure the company is reputable and we are assigned a cautious and safe driver. (particualarly since the roads appear to be steep and narrow).

Any feedback would be appreciated. I believe the company I am looking into is owned by Pixel tours.

Thanks,

Nancy

I have already hired Nikos from Pixel Tours for our Oct. tour. He has fantastic reviews and we can hardly wait. I am now looking to book a guide for another group of 4. I contacted Thira-Tours and received a quote of 300e for 4 people which seems pretty good for a private tour. I would like some first hand recommendations.

JXOPF - I am curious what you were quoted for a private tour - I was quoted 600 euro for 6 people and 800 for 7 - this is way too much for an island tour! We are renting a minivan for 65 euros instead.

Here's what the tour guide had to offer:

The cost for 4 persons is 300 Euros with a new air-conditioned minibus and an English speaking driver- who will share his vast knowledge of the island with you and also includes the entrance for the winery and taxes.

Since our minivans can accommodate 7 persons and we also have a minibus for 16 persons the extra charge will be 25 euros per person.

Still not sure what we'll do. Watching what others post here for other options and testimonials on their choices.;)

Archived