QM2 04/29 - 05/05 Southhampton-LON Xfrs

jschutz

Other than taking a train (not with our luggage), is there a reasonable transfer service from Southampton to London? There are 2 of us and if someone wants to share - the more the merrier. The lowest private xfr service I found is over $300 US. :mad:

How much luggage are you taking? I've never had a problem with my luggage and the train. And I've been loaded down when attending World Travel shows in London.

You can take National Express bus service. That certainly is cheap enough.

If you are adverturesome, you can always rent a car.. if you don't mind driving on the wrong side of the road.. and sitting on the wrong side of the car! It really isn't that hard, just mind the roundabouts!

Car hire is insane. Renting a vehicle even worse as driving in London, (not to mention parking), would be quite adventuresome. If you want to end up at Waterloo Station take the train, (megatrain form only 1 pound). I'll be taking National Express, (Motorcoaches in the UK are much more desirable than buses in the US), for a fun fare of only 6 pounds. The motorcoach will put us in Victoris Station which is walking distance to our hotel.

If you have the money of Bill Gates, take a Limo. :D

Car hire is insane. Renting a vehicle even worse as driving in London, (not to mention parking), would be quite adventuresome. If you want to end up at Waterloo Station take the train, (megatrain form only 1 pound). I'll be taking National Express, (Motorcoaches in the UK are much more desirable than buses in the US), for a fun fare of only 6 pounds. The motorcoach will put us in Victoris Station which is walking distance to our hotel.

If you have the money of Bill Gates, take a Limo. :D

I agree, and I am a Londoner; have driven through central London twice in my entire life, and plan never to repeat the experience. And once you get there, you need to be Bill Gates to pay for parking and the mayor's congestion charge. For getting around London, we all use the tube or buses.

National Express or the train are both fine.

Regards, Mary

Archived