St. Maarten beaches

judie57

I have been looking at the various beaches on St. Maarten. I was wondering which beaches have chair and umberella rentals? Does anybody know? We will be there on the Triumph May 24. Any advice as to which beaches have these rentals available would be helpful.

I have been looking at the various beaches on St. Maarten. I was wondering which beaches have chair and umbrella rentals? Does anybody know? We will be there on the Triumph May 24. Any advice as to which beaches have these rentals available would be helpful.

We went to Orient Beach and further down that beach they have resorts with chairs and umbrellas but the view isn't pretty, there are funny looking people NAKED!!! :eek: So if you have kids with you don't walk too far down.

We did St. Marten beach break shore excursion through carnival and you go to Mullet Bay beach and there are chair included with the purchase. Only thing you had to pay for was a umberella if you wanted one and it was only 5.00. It also included all you can eat ribs and rum punch. Ribs where excellent. We where very hapy with the excursion.

We did St. Marten beach break shore excursion through carnival and you go to Mullet Bay beach and there are chair included with the purchase. Only thing you had to pay for was a umberella if you wanted one and it was only 5.00. It also included all you can eat ribs and rum punch. Ribs where excellent. We where very hapy with the excursion.

Wow that sounds better then the City Orient beach excursion, I will look for that one next time. Thanks.

Orient Beach is beautiful (and what's wrong with naked people

Nothing wrong with Naked people:D Its just that as we were walking towards this old man, I couldnt figure out why he was carrying a red hotdog under his waist, and as we got closers LOL :eek: It wasnt a hotdog but a sunburnt hotdog LOL:D

Wow that sounds better then the City Orient beach excursion, I will look for that one next time. Thanks.

Yes we really enjoyed it. and it was only 48.00 per person. Only downfall was it has pretty big waves. Not sure if that is a everyday thing or just when we where there. There was also alot of people walking around atempting to get you to buy stuff.

We went to Little Divi Bay through a shore excursion on Celebrity. SHort bus ride to the beach and it is really pretty.

Lounge chairs were there I believe at no charge for the tour people, a bbq as well.

My daughter had her hair braided on the beach in the shade and I rented boogie boards for the kids at 5$ each for the day!

We had alot of fun. There were also all kinds of water sport activities to rent if you have the time ie. a banana boat, jet skis etc.

Have Fun!

Nothing wrong with Naked people:D

....Unless it's Fred.:D But seriously. Orient beach is wonderful. It has a nice rolling surf and mountains at one end. The taxi ride from the port is about $6pp.

We have done it twice in 2 years. If our next Cruise was to land at St. Maarten we would go there again.

been to Orient bay beach three times, love it. And the entire beach is clothing optional, though the one end is a nude beach resort, and most of the guests are middle age and up so don't expect beach bodies:o (Our first tour guide warned us that people would be wearing their birthday suites, and some would be wrinkled, LOL ) Great restaurants too, if you don't do an excursion with meal included, we did once. Other times just took taxi, and rented chairs, umbrellas, which usually includes a free drink too. Don't know if I would ever go any place else on that island.

we did the pinel island snorkel.. my cousins were sunburned and of course the pursers didnt know a thing, they said it is a sand bar..no shade, just a place for snorkeling.. boy did i let them have it when we returned!! it is a small island with palms, umbrella/chair rentals, snorkeling is good, they have thatch roof huts that sell things and and a bar too! under a big shade tree full of singing birds!!! u take a bus, it is on the french side kinda close to orient then get on a small boat for a 5min ride to the island. like most things ya book thru the ship....need more time. i ahve learned alot form these excursions. next time we will do little divi..

....Unless it's Fred.:D But seriously. Orient beach is wonderful. It has a nice rolling surf and mountains at one end. The taxi ride from the port is about $6pp.

We have done it twice in 2 years. If our next Cruise was to land at St. Maarten we would go there again.

I agree that Orient Beach is a very nice beach to go to, easy to get there & easy to get back without using a ship excursion. One of the nicest beaches I have been to. Chairs and umbrellas can be rented there. Enjoy your cruise !!!

Rainbow Beach on the Dutch side is also Fantastic! Just walk to teh end of the pier and catch one of the shuttles (they are labled with overhead signs). I think it cost us $10 per couple to ride over. If you want a chairs & umbrella it was another $10. They have a restaraunt there that sells $.75 Caribes (not the best beer but cold):rolleyes: . The beach is a beautiful crescent beach in a small cove. If you have small kids the surf can be a little too rough. Not crashing rough but some pretty good swells.

The only nudity we saw were a couple of topless women at the far end.

This has become one of our favorite stops!

Oh you will get the timeshare guy apporach you but once you tell him no...he moves on and won't continue to bother you.

I am on the Legend right now. When we stopped at St. Maartin's the other day, we took a water taxi to a beach. I don't know the name of it, but it was very nice, and was in view of the ship. There are chairs and umbrellas which are sectioned off. As you walk along the boardwalk they try to get you to there section. The section we sat in cost $15 for 4 chairs, and 2 umbrellas.

Oh I know, its downtown. After lunch we packed up, walked over one block, and we were on the main street. Really very nice.

Archived