Shopping recommendations required

mokindah

Can anybody give me some indication as to what the shopping is like in Noumea and Vila.

There is only a limited amount of market shopping I can handle, any shopping centres as such?

Help I can't survive 10 nights without some serious retail therapy, or am I trying to kid myself.

Maybe market - tourist shopping it is.

Mokindah, better get out the tranquilisers. There are no department stores or malls. Noumea is expensive and generally not worth buying anything at. Vila is great for wandering around. They have all sorts of small shops but nothing huge. It is a main street of shops with some branching off in other directions. Islands have markets. I love Vila as it has cheap stuff and knock off shoes, handbags etc.

Port Vila is great to buy duty free alcohol from. It's very cheap. There are also markets where the ship docks and a lot of small shops in town and a few more market stalls.

Noumea-things are quite expensive, there's shops around, and like aussiedisdneyfan said there's nothing really worth buying in Noumea.

cheers, girl05

Archived