Sunniebgi or Mr. Barbados or ANYONE --help please

knarf

I have read many of your answers that you have given people on these boards and they are all very informative. Thank you for taking your time and helping all of us. These are my plans for Barbados-first time there-In the AM 9:00 to noon tour of the island( the one that Sunniebgi suggests-Orchid World,east coast to St Johns;thru Bathsheba,to Cattlewash; scenic drive to east coast;then along Hwy 2A back to port-. An hour or so in Bridgetown: then out to Accra Beach for a couple of hours. A couple of questions...Can I take that tour from 9 to noon?? Can I just get off the ship and get a taxi to do this and feel safe with whoever I get as a driver. C. Reid, Glory tours, and others all seem to be much longer in time. I have heard off Wm. Drayton and Patrick Clarke as tour drivers too,but not heard alot about them. Any help or suggestions from ANYONE will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance. C. Destiny 5/17 /06

I have read many of your answers that you have given people on these boards and they are all very informative. Thank you for taking your time and helping all of us. These are my plans for Barbados-first time there-In the AM 9:00 to noon tour of the island( the one that Sunniebgi suggests-Orchid World,east coast to St Johns;thru Bathsheba,to Cattlewash; scenic drive to east coast;then along Hwy 2A back to port-. An hour or so in Bridgetown: then out to Accra Beach for a couple of hours. A couple of questions...Can I take that tour from 9 to noon?? Can I just get off the ship and get a taxi to do this and feel safe with whoever I get as a driver. C. Reid, Glory tours, and others all seem to be much longer in time. I have heard off Wm. Drayton and Patrick Clarke as tour drivers too,but not heard alot about them. Any help or suggestions from ANYONE will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance. C. Destiny 5/17 /06

Hello, Knarf! Welcome!

Barbados is a small island as compared with some in the Caribbean, but it will take you a little more time than three hours to really transverse both the west and east coasts. Especially if you plan to stop at Orchid World or any other spots that interest you.

A legitimate, see-most-of-the-island tour should take a minimum of four hours. With stops and lunch, 5-6 hours minimum. You could do a see-a-little-and-don’t-dally tour of both coasts without stopping in three hours but you’ll miss so much.

Barbados is much different than most of the Caribbean islands. We’re small but with a lot to see.

Many people who spend a week here and tour daily don’t get to see it all. Ask Tiger Woods…….

I suggest that you simply hire a taxi and let the driver show you his island. I think you have an excellent chance of finding a good driver/guide by chance. Tell him how much time you wish to spend and let him choose the best route.

Save yourself a hour and skip B-town. See it another day.

Accra is a nice beach but we have others, too. Don’t be hesitant about your driver’s suggestions for an alternative.

You didn’t say when your ship leaves, but I think it’s early in the afternoon, yes? There are nice beaches five (5) minutes from the terminal, so don’t let the rush for beach time inhibit your island tour.

Last time I checked taxi fares were about $US25/hr for up to four in the cab. Those nice dinner-partners that you are going to meet will cut the cost of your tour by 50%.

My best wishes for a wonderful day on my favorite island. :)

Archived