Passports?

caribbean2000

Not sure since they have extended the time to get a passport. But I went to travel.state.gov and checked into it and this is what I did find:

BARBADOS - *Passport and proof of sufficient funds required. Passport must be valid beyond the duration of this visit to Barbados. Cruise passengers planning to disembark in Barbados must have a valid passport. [Tourist] visa not required for stays up to six months. Departure tax of $12.50 ($25 BDS) paid at the airport. Visa requires 2 completed visa application forms, 2 passport sized photos accompanied by a valid passport. A $25 fee is required for single entry and $30 for multiple entry (cash or money order only). Single-/Multiple-entry visas valid for 3 months. Business visa requires work permit and letter from host or company in Barbados. For more information, contact the Embassy of Barbados, 2144 Wyoming Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20008, telephone (202) 939-9200, fax (202) 332-7467, Internet e-mail: barbados@oas.org or the consulates of Barbados in Los Angeles, Miami or New York

Missy

Not sure since they extended the dates for requiring a passport in the caribbean. I went to travel.state.gov and this is what I found... But I don't really think it is required yet...

BARBADOS - *Passport and proof of sufficient funds required. Passport must be valid beyond the duration of this visit to Barbados. Cruise passengers planning to disembark in Barbados must have a valid passport. [Tourist] visa not required for stays up to six months. Departure tax of $12.50 ($25 BDS) paid at the airport. Visa requires 2 completed visa application forms, 2 passport sized photos accompanied by a valid passport. A $25 fee is required for single entry and $30 for multiple entry (cash or money order only). Single-/Multiple-entry visas valid for 3 months. Business visa requires work permit and letter from host or company in Barbados. For more information, contact the Embassy of Barbados, 2144 Wyoming Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20008, telephone (202) 939-9200, fax (202) 332-7467, Internet e-mail: barbados@oas.org or the consulates of Barbados in Los Angeles, Miami or New York

Missy

A passport is not required if you are sailing into Barbados and only for a day. If you are coming here to take a cruise or getting off the ship to depart from the airport you will need a passport.

However, having said that. When are you traveling, because you will, soon enough, be required to have a passport if you are a US Citizen if you are traveling to the Caribbean. Might as well go ahead and get one.

Again, you don't need it now to go ashore unless you are planning to fly out of the island instead of just getting off the ship for the day.

• 1 month later...

Archived