ketchikan flightseeing & crab feast

Cathy Young

Has anyone taken the sight seeing flightplane & crab feast tour? I have not seen any posts on this excursion so it may be new (I'm not sure). There is another tour that is similar called the Wilderness & Crab feast tour, I think you take a bus and then transfer to a boat to get to George Inlet Lodge, where you are then served a crab feast and blueberry cheescake for desert! The description of the tour says that it is a De Havilland Float plane that will fly over the Tonguss Forest and we will see mountains and waterfalls, and then land on the lake to eat at the lodge. I hope it is as good as it sounds. Please let me know if anyone knows about this tour.

Thanks,

Cathy

We did the Wilderness and Crab Feast Tour and loved it. We had the owner -Captain Jasper- as our guide and he was very interesting. We saw lots of Eagles (our first but not our last!) and got to help pull up the pots that they take information on and then return the pots to the water. The crab feast was delicious and your waiters put on a great show as they serve your meals! Very entertaining and plenty to eat!

This sounds like an interesting and delicious tour, do you remember what the price was? I really don't want to do the flightseeing portion. Thanks

Price was $143.00 Per person. It was great!! It seems all the Excursions are pricey but it is a once in a lifetime adventure!

Thank you, I agree most of the excursions are expensive but I really feel that this will be money well spent when we vacation in Alaska. We are not going until June 2007 so we have already started saving for this trip.

Archived