Drinking age in Barbados?

Fun~N~Sun

What is the legal drinking age in Barbados? We were looking at the excursions for this port and there was one called Barbados Beach Carnival and it said the age to drink alcohol was 21. Is this everwhere in Barbados?

Here's a way to find out: go to Barbados and put down some money at the bar and order something.

I'll wager no one cares how old you are, as long as you are conducting yourselves appropriately.

The laws in lots of other countries are no where near as conservative as here in the US. I think a lot of folks here would like to ban alcohol altogether, but I think that was already tried before:p

The nice thing about traveling is that you can leave the US laws in the US!!

None of the other excursions that had alcohol involved mentioned this restriction. I didn't know if Barbados was strict with this or if it was just this particular excursion. My son will be with us and he is 20 so he would not be happy if he couldn't partake in the beverages.

Here's a way to find out: go to Barbados and put down some money at the bar and order something.

I'll wager no one cares how old you are, as long as you are conducting yourselves appropriately.

The laws in lots of other countries are no where near as conservative as here in the US. I think a lot of folks here would like to ban alcohol altogether, but I think that was already tried before:p

The nice thing about traveling is that you can leave the US laws in the US!!

The drinking age in the US is the highest in the world.

Looks like it is 18 in Barbados, but you are right, it probably isn't strictly enforced.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/LegalDrinkingAge.html

Archived