Just off Valor 04/02 Western

no stomach ailment at all. No vomiting, not even queasy, altho our appetites were gone. Just bad cough, fever, heachache and body aches.

so what kind of cabin did you have?? would having a balcony with the air flow helped?

Kathy - We were on the same cruise (11 people all together). I heard of several people with the same ailments as you described. A couple of them were quarantined in their cabins. Thankfully our group stayed healthy but I did have concerns. We went to a dive resort in Honduras and ate the buffet with no problems. Of course the resort is owned by Americans so hopefully they know what precautions to take when serving their clientell; anyway that is what we were counting on when we were eating the wonderful buffet.

This was our third cruise and our best. Unfortunately my son was probably one of the many teenagers on board getting in everyone's way. We have cruised the same week for the past three years but I have never seen so many teenagers. My seventeen year old son was in heaven.

The food was excellent and ship was kept very clean. My husband and I did the afternoon tea and had the most wonderful deserts. They have this Mocha Butter Cake, melt in your mouth good. Don't miss the 3:00 tea time, the best deserts all week!!! The Mexican Fiesta on the lido deck was a blast, everyone having a great time.

Kathy - I hope you got to enjoy some of these things during the week. It really sucks to spend such a wonderful vacation sick. Take care and try to get healthy again.

Huh. Well, that's interesting. At least it wasn't in my mind!

As for teenagers, altho I saw a lot of them, I thought they were all well-behaved, except for 1 group of boys that I ran into a few times who did some pretty obnoxious things like spit in the elevator. I'm thinking that was probably not yours....

We slept thru the midnight gala buffet and I looked at the chocolate buffet but just couldn't try anything.

Still coughing like mad but otherwise feeling better every day. I went thru my pictures today and that made me realize that we only really missed Fri and Sat, which were both at sea anyway.

Never drink anything or eat anything off the ship- never! Someone is always bound to get something one way or another.

Always use bug repellent!

In Belize, go into one of the two pharmacies in the shopping area- do it! They sell (without a prescription!) a yummy tasting Codeine syrup for about $8! Buy it! When my wife came down that night (after eating some chicken from a "safe place) with diarhea, the codeine cured it. Got a cough? Take the codeine! Feel achey and uncomfortable? Take codeine!

Kathy,

My friends and I were on the same itinerary on the Valor the first week of March. The one friends (who's name is Kathy, too!:eek: ) came down with the exact same symtoms. None of the others of us did, including her mother, who shared her cabin with her. It was her first cruise, and unfortunately she spent a good portion of it miserable, especially the day we also were supposed to go to Costa Maya, but was cancelled due to rough seas. (Seems that port gets cancelled a LOT!) Anyway, none of us ate or drank anything off the ship other than bottled water, so hard to say where she picked it up. She was coughing so hard I thought we were all going to catch it for sure. Also complained of throat pain, dizziness, H/A's, etc.

That really sucks to have your vacation ruined like that. When I went to Vegas years ago, that happened to me. I got sick on the 2nd day and spent most of 6 days in my room! Saved me some money, though. . .:rolleyes:

Archived