No Children in Adult Areas!!!

Popcorn....Valium....*****....Nitroglycerin pills....paper bags..... :D

I have no opinion, I've learned my lesson. :D

Happy Cruisin' :cool:

You forgot about the *****, most of the old farts in the solarium require it :D

Didn't read the entire thread so this may have been said already, but contrary to what a couple of posters intimated on the 1st page, I have seen card-swiping used as ID to enter the "adult disco". My 2nd cruise on the Voyager they were having an issue with underage individuals sneaking in so they brought a laptop to the door to attach to a swiping mechanism where the picture and info of the individual came up. They did a similar thing one or two nights on my Navigator cruise. Seems simple enough.

Point being the technology is readily available should they choose to use it... they already do.

While were at it, I'd like to see bars that have age limits from 21-45 elderly people can be such a drag sometimes.

Despite your obvious disdain for the elderly (and be careful what you wish for-you're not very far from being ineligible for these bars you speak about), it really has nothing to do with the argument at hand. I travel with my kids but I do respect the fact that many cruisers want a rare moment away from children. Included in this group are many young people who don't have children yet or who just want a few moments of peace away from their own very dear children.

This thread touches a nerve for me. I have a very good friend who sailed on RCI last year. She came home and told me, happily, how they had allowed her young child (2 maybe? not quite 2 at the time?) to dine with them in Portofinos or Chops (I forget which one) and "wasn't that so nice of them...." When I pointed out that, no, it wasn't "so nice of them" it became quite an issue.

I explained that as an adult, I wanted to be able to enjoy an adult atmosphere in the restaurant and that did not include toddlers. Of course, that made me out to be the child-hating shrew in her eyes. She was like, "Oh but my child was a perfect little angel" or some similar term. How the child behaved isn't the point. Either it is an adult-only area or it's not.

I said that if I was a fellow diner in the restaurant at the time, I would've walked out. I'm not paying for an adult-only evening if that's not what's being delivered. Of course, that was met by horror as to how I could be such an ignorant anti-child discriminator. We've agreed to disagree on it.

I find that parents think their children should be the exception to the rule in every day life! I am a teacher and parents think that their children are so wonderful that they should be allowed where they are not suppose to be! Where did this come from? When I was a kid, my parents were more than happy to leave me at home and go out without me.:eek:

AMEN!!!!!! :D

Archived