ROLL CALL Navigator of the Seas 09/02/06

Herenks

Hmmm.... receding hair is not one of my problems... more like TOO much! Thank god it's blond! Speaking of which... aside from September 2, are we all gonna get to see each others mugs before hand (well you 4 already know each other)? I know Travis has seen my "just off a 10 hour flight and really ticked off" mug... trust me, it was unique :cool:

OOH, on a totally odd side note... did I just see John Stamos on ER as an EMT?! LOL Wow, I watch too much TV!

It appears I need to get back on this thing and defend myself. First, I have never taken an hour to get ready. I am sorry I have HAIR and that I like to shave before I go to dinner. I also look GOOD and that takes time ;). Now as the reigning cruise queen in the room (this will be my fifth) I think you can go to dinner whenever. I actually prefer later meals, but the other half likes the early times. I think the later seatings allow you to be a bit more relaxed and enjoy. You aren't rushed out so they can get ready for the second seating. Generally all the shows and activities take into account two seatings.

As far as dress, I think on the longer cruises people tend to take the formal nights a bit more seriously. I don't know that I will press for tuxes, but we will definately wear suits again. I expect Bill and Jamie to do the same ;). I am taking the role of fashion police now too I guess..

If you do have an activity and do miss dinner there are always plenty of options for food. I think everyone needs to take their gym stuff, we can all work out together and then relax in the sauna.

Paul I would send you my picture, but I hate it, hehe. You will have to get it out of Brandon. Besides then you will know what I look like and I won't be able to spy on you ;) Just kidding

Sorry for the ramble. I am very bored tonight and should be doing a lot more productive stuff. I have a ton of stuff to paint and clean. Ugh. My brother is getting married next weekend.

Fashion police, boo hiss. I will do the buffetts those nights! If my manager can't get me in a tie, no one can.......Come to think of it, do I even own a tie anymore? Gym, are you crazy, the volleyball court and skating will be my exertion, and I know challenge it and everyone of you to the mini golf course, loser buys the ben and jerry's

I have plenty of ties, so I will bring one for everyone. See, you don't dress up at work, so you can do it for TWO NIGHTS!!!. Well you have to work out before you can go hang out in the sauna.

I don't know about this whole work-out thing on vacation... I mean I've always said I'd work-out at least just a little when I go away, but it NEVER happens. Hey, I guess good intentions are better than nothing (even if they're nothing more than intentions!)

Hmmm, sounds like getting these mug shots from y'all is gonna be a task! :D Well, my email is in here somewhere... well I'll be nice, rather than making you look for it... paul@waterfantaseas.com

Oh and this loser buying Ben & Jerry's.... no need to wait for mini golf... I'll be buying Ben & Jerry's as soon as I get onboard! So you better hurry before I buy them out.

Alrighty... speaking of healthy habits, I need to get downstair to the gym so I can find my trainer and go workout on the beach (maybe that's why I'm so pasty white and refuse to go lay out on the beach... BAD memories of sweat and pain associated with it hehe)

Ah... Friday finally! Actually that doesn't mean much... I work basically 7 days a week anyhow!

Ok, so I have to ask... what are those stickers on your shirts? (yeah, I look at the oddest things, right?!)

You know, I completely forgot about the lunch buffet... maybe Ben & Jerry's can be the appetizer (and then dessert too)! I can already tell I'm going to gain at least 5 lbs on this trip!

Good lord I work too much. Finally back home and off of work. Paul I will try and find a recent pic and send it to you. I need to upload the pics from the past cruise. Maybe there is one on there.

As far as working out on the cruise goes....Please....It's not going to happen. People go on cruises to relax, eat, relax some more and then eat some more. This is my plan and I'm sticking to it.

I say we fast forward a month or two and get this cruise underway sooner. I'm ready to go. I'm way to busy now and I'm ready for another break. :p

Heck I have not been able to drag myself to the gym here at home, i know i wont on the ship. i wont to fastforward 1 week for know, then we can skip 2 months.

We took the kids camping this weekend, so i am ready for myrtle beach next week, then the cruise!

heck, i don't need to work anymore...

I am not ready to go back to work tomorrow. It has been non stop since we got back. There is so much to do!!! Royal Caribbean had another price drop in rates so I saved two hundred bucks on my room. Can't complain about that. Now I just have to find airfare!

Hey that's not fair... I guess they don't do rate drops on the suites, huh? :(

Hopefully everyones holiday weekend was enjoyable... although I'm battling another cold! Can you imagine... I live in Miami... I thought it was supposed to be nothing but suntans and pink flamingos?! Ah... but I'm in a wedding next weekend... so I need to get over this quick (cause flying with a sinus infection is not the way to get me in a festive mood!)

Well the weekend is finally here!! I can't wait for this cruise!! I bought the airfare and rental car today. Got the airfare nonstop from KC to FLL for 218 a person. I just need to fina a hotel now. This should be a great cruise.

Where did everyone else go? Things have yet to slow down here, but I have EVERYTHING paid for now. The cruise, airfare, and hotel. I am really looking forward to september. I have finally gotten up the courage to send out a picture. Just let me know if you want one. KEEP ON POSTING

We're back. The weather in Myrtle Beach was the worse in the 4 years we are going. The ocean was not nearly as blue as the cruise ports. Now its time to fast track Sept?

Got your minds made up on your exercusions?

Of course I miss you guys. It is so freaking hot here!! I can't stand it. Well actually, I really enjoy this weather, but I am looking forward to fall/winter again. We were just saying we needed to talk to you guys about what excursions you two want to do. I know we are definately scuba diving in the Caymans, well probably. We might do it in Mexico. We have also talked about doing the Malfini beach thing in Haiti. Brandon isn't big on that, but I will probably end up paying for it anyways. We want to do some sort of dunn river falls thing in Jamica. When are you two coming up here? I kick my brother out in AUGUST!!! I can't wait. I will miss his rent, but that is about it. We have been doing a ton of work on the house, it looks totally different.

Hey guys... I've been a bit quiet because I was up in Boston for my sister's wedding. What an experience! Since I was in the wedding party, I was figuring the church would either fall down on top of me... or perhaps I'd get struck by lightening when I walked in... but thankfully, I survived! But then again, the priest got totally smashed on Scotch at the rehearsal dinner and the best man was also gay... so all in all, it was a colorful event! Let's not forget the grooms tuxedo pants splitting wide open in the crotch right as we arrived at the countryclub for the reception... OOPS.

Aside from that, I'm just happy the tropical storm (almost hurricane) avoided Miami! But I was just listening to CNN and it's amazing how they make nothing into the end of the world! All this talk of evacuations, etc... they make it out to be so horrible... I've been in thunderstorms worse than what's about to hit the northern part of the state!

All I can say is that September had better calm down storm wise... but then again... I need a vacation so bad that they could just steer the ship out into the Atlantic and do circles for the entire week and I'd be perfectly happy! Ok... well I need to unpack my luggage and start doing laundry... I'll catch up with you guys later.

glad to hear the wedding went well.

It's time to book those shore exercusions! Think we have decided on the dolphin thing for ochos rios. Jamie has always wanted that.

Ugh, time for work already.

I'm thinking just Dunn River Falls in Jamaica... keep it simple. Then maybe the 2-man sub (the main splurge excursion) in Grand Cayman. Mexico will probably be the Tulum excursion... just because everything else up to that point will have been either beach or water related, so it might be a nice change. Oh, and for the first stop in Labadee... I think we'll just play it by ear... hit the beach for a little while, etc. I still laugh that they don't call it what it really is... HAITI ;)

Ugh... time for the gym (wow, those three days of sleeping in and eating really fattening foods was so GOOD!)

yep, its nothing but haiti, we are not booking anything there, just hit the beach, and if like the other pvt island, i'll be playing alot of volleyball! wo oo hoo

we were going to do the ruins, but i think i talked myself out of it after reading it. 1 1/2 on a ferry and almost 2 hours on a bus, and 20 minutes of walking, and they don't even take you back to the boat, ugh

we might not do anything there, thinking the stingray snorkel in grand camyan

Yeah... I was talking to a friend about the cruise and when he asked about the ports and I mentioned Haiti, he nearly choked on his drink! Royal Caribbean does a great job in marketing because it seems so few realize what Labadee really is!

I was concerned too about the ferry and bus time for Tulum, BUT since every other port is going to be primarily beach, I think I need the diversion to something a little more interesting... plus keep in mind the next day is going to be a day at sea... so more sun, swimming, etc. I just can't wait to actually relax! I'm in need of a holiday so bad, it's not even funny.

My partner and I were looking at the 8/27 RCCL Adventure of the Seas but the way you guys are going on in here we may have to switch cruises!!! :)

To the Kansas City couple are one of you a cop in KC?? Just curious!!

Anyway guys-- wanted to say hi! We may need to check this itinerary out before we book this week!

Mike (& Gary)

Arlington, VA

Hmmmm, you might want to think twice about being on the same boat as all of us... seems we're a bit on the unstable side! JUST JOKING :D

And I thought I was late booking the cruise last month... hmmm, speaking of which, I think my final payment is coming due in the next week or so. Better not forget that! Otherwise I'll be waving to y'all as the ship goes by my building!

I was a cop from 1997-2002, with my last job working in a KC suburb, just over the state line in KS. Over the years I worked as a deputy sheriff working in a rural area doing lake patrol, traffic division, narcotics task force to a city officer doing public safety education in the KC area. Now Im a paramedic and director of pre-hospital education for a city ambulance service in the KC area. I was involved in this kind of work before becoming a cop and got back into it after quitting the police force.

So thats my story. haha. Let me know what else I can tell you...

I know we will all have fun on the cruise. I can't wait!!!

Talk to you all soon...

Brandon:)

Archived