ROLL CALL Navigator of the Seas 09/02/06

Herenks

Thanks so much guys for the welcome! :) We are still undecided but hope to make a decision by this weekend!

Brandon- I asked because I know a couple cops in KCMO, however, they are have been cops for about 5 years I believe?? Since you were in Kansas I am guessing you don't know them.

Anyways.. take care guys and we will let you know! :)

Mike & Gary

Ok... I hate to point this out, but did y'all see the post in the Royal Caribbean board about bed bugs on the Navigator?

I mean we all know stuff like that's around, but I wasn't thrilled to hear about it... I only like those invited in my bed with me! :( Hmmm, think I can bring on my own mattress? hehe

Well I think you helped make my decision easier!! haha I haven't seen anything about bed bugs on the Adventure! :)

I agree any uninvited guests in my bed are unwelcome ones! ;-)

Mike

I saw that post, but I am not too worried. It could just be someone pissed off and the chances of actually getting bed bugs is rare. They can happen anywhere. Besides, if I happen to have a room with them, then RCCL should take care of it. I wouldn't let that factor in your decision. Besides, we are a ton of fun.

I may know your friends who are KC cops, it's hard to tell. It's a small world sometimes and you never know.

Yeah I'd agree with the whole bed bugs thing. It would be pretty rare to wind up with them from a cruise ship. And by all rights they would be on any ship, not just this one.

Hope to talk to everyone soon...

Brandon

wow, ignore the board for 24 hours and look what happens, all that talk about people's beds.....

i wouldn't worry to much about that, even if they had them once, i guarantee it was taken care of in no time. it is their rep at stake.

i would bet more along the lines of someone who just wasnt happy

we booked our first shore exercuision

Sorry guys! We ended up booking on the 8/27 sailing of the Adventure of the Seas--- We have never been to Aruba or Curacao and really wanted to check it out... PLUS we got a balcony room for $1,500 TOTAL!!! We couldn't beat it and I will celebrate my 29th b-day on the cruise--- WOW I am getting old! :)

Brandon--- if you want to e-mail me at mikec5426 at A O L One is Ashlie... let me know!

Take care guys and I can't wait to hear about your cruise!!!!!

Mike

Oops... looks like we scared them off! Wow, and they didn't even see our pictures yet! :D Just joking...

Anyway... is it September yet?! I'm in dire need of this vacation and it's taking far too long to get here. All I'm saying is if I go in my stateroom and find bed bugs... it's not going to be a pretty site at the customer relations desk (I can be loud if necessary hehe).

Alrighty boys, I'm off to run on the beach (yuck)... I'll catch y'all later!

Off to the beach, YUCK? Come on now, don't be that cruel to us midwestern landlocked boys. Especially when its been 94 and humid the last 2 days.....

I don't you have to worry about the bed bugs, but if my little stateroom has them can I sleep on someones balcony? lol

You know, it's funny... yesterday (early evening) I was sitting outside on the balcony, just relaxing, reading the paper and drinking a nice lemonade. I happened to look up from the paper out to the water... and saw the Navigator leaving the dock and heading down Government Cut (start of another week vacation for some lucky 3,000+).

Anyway, no matter how many times I see it, I still love watching her go by... and as the ship was literally right in front of my building, my cell phone rings. Wouldn't you know, two of our friends were onboard... waving to us at they left. Well as cute as it was... I had a few choice words crossing my mind when it sunk in that they were on vacation and I wasn't! Oh well... soon enough it will be our turn! Speaking of which, I need to remember and make the final payment this week! (ok, so I'm a procrastinator)

Alrighty... time to start making dinner... hope y'all have had a good weekend.

Alrighty... it's official... we'll be there! (read: I finally paid my balance for the cruise.) Of course I told the other half that when our friends get back from the Navigator, I don't want to hear anything about it (yup, I'm jealous).

Glad you mentioned that, we still had the balance for the insurance on ours. Got our plane tickets now even! Only 184, not bad! But is it Sept yet?

Actually, I'd be curious as to what your friends had to say about the dress at dinner. We just don't do the tie thing.

DO THE TIE THING BILL!!! I can't wait. Esp after a day like today. I sent Paul some pics from our last cruise with you guys. Us at the rock climbing wall. I need to start my diet for the cruise!

Hey guys... well it's been one of those weeks. So I have some good and bad news.

So here it is... I was playing online the other night on the Royal Caribbean site trying to go through the cruise excursion (which keeps crashing), so I got bored and was nosing around. Well an Owner's Suite on the Freedom of the Seas opened up one week later leaving Sept. 10...

I mentioned it to the bf... and he felt that we were nuts to not take the suite on the newer ship. I think he also preferred it since the Freedom cruise falls on his birthday AND it eas cheaper than the Navigator cruise (not sure how that happened). So unfortunately... it looks like we're gonna miss each other now.

But hey, what can you do, right?!

Hey guys... yeah, I'm disappointed that we're not gonna see each other... but there's plenty of other cruises in the future where we might be able to harrass each other!

Of course y'all could defect to the Freedom on the 10th too :) I have to say, I just looked at the Navigator... the Sept. 2 sailing is one of their "hot" deals, yet the Owner's suites are more expensive than the Freedom... go figure... AND more than half of them are available still! Of course my only concern is that the Freedom is going to be WAY overcrowded since it is the newest ship and (like us) most people who have the option are booking it over the other ships like Navigator, etc.

Well as you sail out of Miami... you'll have to wave to me... I'll be on my balcony looking for you guys... although I have the feeling from his last post that Travis might be giving me a 1 finger salute instead of a wave! :eek:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Are there no others cruising along with us in Sept? :rolleyes:

YES! :D

My partner Chris and I will be joining you guys on this cruise. This will be our first cruise together, although we have both cruised before. This will be our first cruise on RCCL and on such a large ship. We are super excited about this vacation, it will be nice to meet you boys as well.

todd&chris:)

cabin #8580

toddkummer@gmail.com

Archived