Money belt or...

lionheart

We carry only a small amount of cash as we would charge anything significant. We bring a few credit cards on the cruise, but never bring more than one when going ashore to guard against loss. As for where to stash the valuables while sightseeing, it depends on the weather. A money belt is good if all you're wearing is shorts and a t-shirt. If it's cooler and you are wearing more clothes the little bags that go around your neck that can be tucked inside your shirt are very handy. If you want some more ideas you can check this link -

http://www.magellans.com/store/Safety___Security___Security_Wallets___Money_Belts?Args=&page_number=1

The AAA (American Automobile Association) carries a very nice selection of security pouches. Some of which are gender specific, clipping to bras or the wider belts of men.

I use the neck type and allow it to nestle in the small of my back. There is no lump when standing or discomfort when seated. It has multiple pockets secured with velcro. One is sized for passports, another for credit cards and another for currency.

I believe it was about $10.

Curious what people use to carry their money, credit cards while sightseeing.

Thanks,

Kurt

I carry a little cash, and my credit card, and identification if needed, in a moneybelt, stuffed either down my pantfront or under my shirt. Surprisingly it is comfortable. It works for me; no one can pickpocket me without my knowing, and it gives me worryfree wandering.

Curious what people use to carry their money, credit cards while sightseeing.

Thanks,

Kurt

I carry a little cash, and my credit card, and identification if needed, in a moneybelt, stuffed either down my pantfront or under my shirt. Surprisingly it is comfortable. It works for me; no one can pickpocket me without my knowing, and it gives me worryfree wandering.

I think underlying the above comments is that most people leave the bulk of their valuables locked in the safe in their cabin. While on the ship, I carry nothing but the ship's card, needed for charging and opening the cabin door. While in port I only carry the needed ID, one credit card, possibly a telephone card and the amount of cash I estimate will be enough for the day.

Bruce

I think underlying the above comments is that most people leave the bulk of their valuables locked in the safe in their cabin. While on the ship, I carry nothing but the ship's card, needed for charging and opening the cabin door. While in port I only carry the needed ID, one credit card, possibly a telephone card and the amount of cash I estimate will be enough for the day.

Bruce

Ditto. We usually get the cash we think we are going to need for that day at the ATM in port. My DH carries a different account card than I do just in case one of us loses the one we are carrying.

While travelling in Italy a few years ago, an elderly woman on our tour bus was accosted by a group of young females as she departed the bus. She had her belongings in a nylon thingie around her neck and they proceeded to try to rip it off her. Luckily, people from the bus went to her aid and the young girls ran off. Had she had her nylon thingie underneath her clothing, it would not have been visible.....just a thought!! ~~B~~

Archived