Low Carb on a Cruise?

Miami Cruiser 80

ok ... so I have been dieting for about 4 weeks now and have lost 12 pounds. I am leaving in 3 weeks and I am wondering if any1 has gone an entire cruise without eatting all the tempting foods all around you

(deserts, pastas, french fries) lol. If any1 has advice it will be appreciated. Thanks in advance :D

Last year I was low carbing on a cruise and maintained my weight This year I wasn't and gained 6 lbs on a 2 week cruise. I have lost half of the 6lbs. now.

First of all, while all the food looks tempting there are plenty of low carb choices. Breakfast was easy. I had eggs with bacon or sausage. Dinner wasn't bad either. As an appetizer I often had shrimp cocktail. I ordered any of the entrees except for pasta and asked for steamed veggies with it. There are also the sugar free ice creams and some of the sugar free desserts that had no flour.

Now lunch was more of a challenge. I often went to where they were making sandwiches and asked for the fillings without the bread and had a salad. For cravings, I went to the pool grill and had a cheeseburger or a hot dog without the bun. I even ordered pizza and just ate the topping.

Actually, it wasn't bad. This year I pigged out on bread since I hadn't had any in 11/2 years. Oh my, what that only did to my digestion. My body was in shock:eek: .

If you decide to go off your low carbing, I have found it hasn't been to bad losing the weight again. I will be interested to know how you do?

My wife and I did it on a HAL cruise two years ago. We found it easy to do. Breakfast is easy. Lunches you can get hamburgers with no bun, etc. As for desserts, most cruise lines have a whole line of lo carb/Sugar free goodies. After dinner each night we had berry's and whipped cream.

I did lo carb two years ago and lost 2 pounds--even though I cheated a bit. Last year on a repositioning cruise I pigged out and gained big time. Check out the Lose Before You Cruise board here down at the bottom where it says just for fun. I've found alot of great advice there!!

Archived