Table for two?

rick&lin

All CCL ships have them. If you wish one, and your S&S says you don't have one, see the MaitreD the afternoon of embarkation. The exact time/place will be in your Capers.

I've always asked & they uaually make a big deal about it. When I went on the Elation there were no tables for 2 so did not get one. Boy, was I mad when I saw that they had brought one in for another couple!!!!! I didn't go on Carnival for quite awhile after that. Other cruise lines have more tables for 2 so it's never been a problem. I'm going on the Paradise on May 1 & will request one on board(my PVP told me they can not be requested beforehand???).

Me and my DW wanted a table for two on the paradise when we first sailed and were unable to. It turned out to be a great experience. We set with 3 other couples and had a fabulous time.
Did they have tables for 2 that were already taken or did they juat not have them?

Ask you're maitre d if they are available and then tip him if you really want a private table. We had great table-mates on our last cruise, I think they seat you by couples, age and what-not. That way the people you sit with have some things in common. Unfortunately we will probably be sitting by ourselves this time since we are taking all 5(:eek: ) kids.

Rick - Obviously, you want a table for two for your own reasons.

First, get back with your booking agent and ask that they 'request' a table for two. They CAN do this. Doesn't guarantee you'll get one, but they can request it for you.

Second, when you see your Sail & Sign card, the dining room and table number will be on there. Go to the dining room and look at that table. If it's not a two-top, then see the Maitre d' as soon as you can to request one. Every Carnival ship I've been on has two-tops, although they're usually in an obscure corner. No need to tip the Maitre d'. If he does get you the table you want, maybe tip him $5 on the last evening...?:)

Best bet is to head up to the Dining room to see the Maitre'd as soon as possible to lock in on a table for 2.... I must warn you that when I see people sitting at these tables for 2 they are extremely bored and often wars are started there. I love a table of 6 to 10, they are the most fun, you get to share stories find out what everyone is up too etc. I couldnt imagine sitting there with Wendy just doing thumb wrestling :eek:

DW and I have always preferred a table for 2. We're in our mid-fifties, but have only been married a year and a half. We're never bored to be alone together. However, our TA told us Carnival will only allow one dining request; either dining time or table top size. See the matre'd on embarkation day at the designated time and place. It's been my experience they'll usually do their best to accomodate you.

Harvey

We're in our mid-fifties, but have only been married a year and a half.

Hey Harvey, by Year 3, Wendy and I would be found under the table strangling each other LOL. :D She is not going to take my Strawberry Cheesecake!:eek:

Did they have tables for 2 that were already taken or did they juat not have them?

we asked the first night, They say they didn't have any. I don't know if that meant they did have any left or if it meant they don't offer them. I don't remember seeing any tabels for two.

Hey Fred, I finally met the woman of my dreams, really. I don't think we'll ever get to that strangling under the table stage. And she can have any and all of my desserts if she wants. Sound like I've been bitten by the love bug? Yep! Her too. Life is good!

Harvey

Archived