Sea Grape Or Rum Point?

Stormlover

Anyone been to both these? Which one is the best? How long does it take to get to both? :confused: Last time we were in Ggeorgetown we just walked through town an shoped . We would like to visit one of the beaches if we have enough time. How much for a cab?:o

If you go to Rum Point, you'll need to rent a car to get there. It's about a 45 minute drive (each way). You could always do one of the reef excursions that offers Rum Point, but I am not sure what company offers this. Our experience at Rum Point wasn't that great...It's lovely, that's for sure, but it was crowded. I'm sure there are times it's not crowded. It also was just a day during the week (not a holiday) and I think there were 4 ships in port. It's also much more tropical than the George Town area. From what we saw, almost all the chairs were under palm trees, which didn't appeal to my kids. They wanted to be in the sun. I suppose you could drag one closer to the water...that is, if you could find one that's not occupied. But crowded or not, we'd probably go back just because the drive is nice, and it really is a pretty place.

I'm not sure what a cab to Sea Grape costs, but I want to say around $5 per person, each way. I could be wrong on this, but I'm sure someone will come along and give you the correct amount.

It seems like it was about 15 minutes or so to get to Sea Grape, depending on the traffic. We were there the week the Ritz opened, and traffic was always tied up around that area. If you go to Sea Grape, allow plenty of time to get back to the ship. I'd allow at least an hour, just in case.

Although we never stopped at Sea Grape, the place looked really nice. It's a short drive from the port area, and has food, water toy rental, restrooms and chairs. Everything for a nice and relaxing time at the beach.

Archived