Dolphin Cruise Line - the Seabreeze

vesw01

Does anyone know what happened to her? Do you get credit on any cruiselines (for past guest) if you sailed her> we did this in 1990 after Desert Storm. I remember I was so excited - 4 ppl (one cabin) $2000 for a special for returning miltary and family.

Wow, I didn't even realize that the ship was over 30 yrs old when we were on it.... I don't remember much about the cruise - just loving Trunk Bay. Now that I think about it, it was 5 ppl for $2000. Oddly other than my sister, I haven't spoken to the other people since........ :)

I was just thinking about the SeaBreeze and the Ocean Breeze today.

I remember the morning my mom called and told me to turn on Fox News. They were showing the crew being rescued before she sank.

I sailed with them 5 times in 4 years. I miss the classic ships and the GREAT prices.

Shanda

The Seabreeze was our second cruise, two years after our first cruise on the Mardi Gras. Both were grand ships, but if they have an after life the Seabreeze must be happy in the bottom of the ocean instead of razar blades so to speak.

SeaBreeze was my favorite ship. We sailed her a couple of times, and were scheduled to go again when the line went out of business.

The last time we sailed SeaBreeze was in the summer of 2000, just one month after sailing Carnival Destiny. Talk about extremes! Several times that summer, the two ships would end up in the same port on the same day, prompting the SeaBreeze comedian to quip that we couldn't get too close or else we'd be mistaken for one of the lifeboats. :)

I loved that little ship so. There was something about her. Also, she had the best crew and the best food ever. Yet, when she sank, my first reaction was, "Atta girl. No one's going to turn you into scrap metal."

As far as I know, there are no past passenger credits on other cruise lines for having sailed previously with Dolphin or Premier (the two lines that operated SeaBreeze in her later years).

which I cruised on all three of the lines ships. The Dolphin IV, Seabreeze & Oceanbreeze. I had no idea at that time the ships were built in the 50's but the crew did keep the ships in great shape. I also remember the food being excellent as well as the service. Funny that this came up on the Carnival board since after my last cruise on the Oceanbreeze that did a partial Panama Canal transit , I turned to Carnival for my cruise,first ship was the Celebration 1994 I believe and was amazed how "big" that ship was compared to the Dolphin fleet.

Archived