Formal dress question

Randi S.

No, though I will warn you... watch out with glitter... it gets left everywhere on the ship. (I know I was a little annoyed when I sat in someone's glitter covered chair and my butt was a pretty gold glittery mess the rest of the night, LOL). Also, be careful when you are packing it. Sometimes the glitter will get on the clothes you've packed, and you don't want that. The fashion board often has debates/threads about glitter (not about the looks, but about the mess), but I don't think it's really much of an issue in real life (just like no one cares as much how you dress when your actually on the cruise as they seem to here). Anyways, just wear it (especially if you love it), and have a great cruise! :)

I don't have an attitude about velvet at all, I think it's pretty. I stay out of the velvet debate on the fashion board ;) .

I do have to agree about the glitter though, if it is the kind that falls off the garment easily. If it's a dress you love and the glitter falls off, take the thing outside and give it a bunch of really good shakes. It'll still shed, but not so heavily. I know some women have put their glittered items in the dryer, on air only, seems a hassle as you've got to get the glitter out of the dryer then.

Then, when you pack it, make sure it's in its own plastic bag and keep it in its own plastic bag. I have only one glittered item in my closet and it's the only piece of clothing that is stored in plastic all the time. It's been washed several times by itself (thank goodness it's washable), shaken out a number of times and it still sheds a bit.

Now, when I shop, if it's glittery, I shake the item a bit to see if there is shedding, it goes right back onto the rack if it does.

Archived