newbie cruiser has some questions!

salen12

Hi there

Couple of questions:

When going on shore trips do we need to take our passports and go through immigration?

Is the currency used on board the ship australian dollars?

What did you do about taking money to the shore trips? Is there a currency exchange on board?

thanks very much - 18 days and counting :D !

Kim

Hi Kim.

The only place you need to take a passport ashore is Noumea. Even there you don't have to get it stamped. You can if you want to in the building.

Money on board is Australian but you don't use cash. You put your cash/credit card onto your cruise card and just swipe it everywhere.

They exchange Francs but not Vatu for Vila. Most shops in Vila will accept Aussie Dollars anyway.

Hi Kim,

I have just noticed you are travelling on the Sky. Aussiedisneyfan's comments above were in relation to the South Pacific and not Asia. They will give you information on board about what you need to disembark at each port and about money changing. Would suggest you either attend the Port lecture (or watch it repeated on the TV), read the Port newsletter or just ask at the Purser's desk.

There may be someone on here who has done the Sky Asian cruises who may be able to help you. So keep an eye out! I assume that the currency on board is still in Aussie Dollars, but again someone who has travelled on her in the Asian market may be able to confirm.

Best wishes for your trip. Wish I was going on the Sky's last trip!!:rolleyes: The Sky was my favourite ship until she started to be unrealiable and we had a cruise cancelled :( . Hopefully all will go well for your trip. Don't forget to come back on line and tell us all about it.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Sorry about that. The only thing I do know about the asian cruises is that if you are doing a back to back in Singapore on the "between day" you CAN disembark multiple times however you have to fill in a customs form everytime and get your passport stamped. Unlike what P&O here said of only one disembarkation allowed.

Archived