Disembarkation

Dandy8

How is the disembarkation on the disney ships? What time do they start to let guests off? We've been on other cruise lines where it was extremely organized and those that it was a total "cattle call".

Thanks!

Danielle:confused:

We just got back from the April 2nd-6th cruise, I went down to deck 3 to pay some duties around 6:30-7:00 and then we had to be out of our room by 8:00 and we went to breakfast and was there till 8:45. After we finally said goodbye to our servers, which my 10 year old got attached too, we left the Tritons around 9 and walked off the boat, down the escalator to customs and picked up our baggage and our attendant took them to the curb and I tipped him 5 bucks and I went to the parking lot, got the SUV, brought it around packed up and left and it was 9:30. We were in St. Augustine by 11:15 where we spent a couple more days on our way home.

Good luck, it is a breeze.

Our experiance has been simple, fast, and efficient. We usually try to get off around 9:30, after our last breakfast on-board. I can't tell you what it might be like much earlier than that. We did have one hick-up last year as 2, or 3 bags got seperated from the others. I usually do some outrageous ribbon on our baggage handles for easy spotting, and it worked. Metrowon

Thanks for the info!!! Just to confirm, based on your responses, you have to be out of the room by 8:00 and we can have a nice breakfast and then get off since we don't have a flight to catch. Great, sounds easy!

:)

I've never been on a cruise before, so I don't know how the other cruise lines do it. I've heard it can be long process, but it was a snap to us. They are real good about letting you know the details on those that have flights and bus accommodations back to Orlando. Listen in your stateroom for announcements and you'll know when they come on. If you miss the debarkation briefing in the Theatre, watch it on channel 14 in your stateroom and it runs in a loop. Have fun and relax and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the way Disney lets you choose when to get off - no waiting for your "color" to be called! We've never been in a hurry, so we sleep as late as possible and then go to breakfast at 8. If you're assigned main seating at dinner and thus early seating the last morning for breakfast, you don't have to go at that time. Just go to the buffet instead at the time of your choosing.

Thanks. I don't mind the "colors" thing if it is well organized. We were very discouraged after being on a Carnival ship in October where we were herded out like cattle. It was terrible (not to mention the cruise itself was awful). It was a horrible ending to a horrible cruise.

Thanks. I don't mind the "colors" thing if it is well organized. We were very discouraged after being on a Carnival ship in October where we were herded out like cattle. It was terrible (not to mention the cruise itself was awful). It was a horrible ending to a horrible cruise.

Congrats on your Marriage & Honeymoon!!!! I know what you mean by cattle call - and some of the smaller ships can be the longest getting off. This is wonderful!!! I can't believe you can choose the time -- can I just stay on another week??? :cool: My Dear Husband may not ever get off the ship. Is the coffee good?? :)

Archived