Playa Palancar vs Passion Island

bellazoemom

I have never been to Passion Island but we went to Playa Palancar, and in my opinion the drinks sucked they were so bad that I actually poured mine out..that is saying alot because I love Margaritas..they are my drink of choice...the chairs on the beach were uncomfortabale..if was a waste of our money...:mad:

Have been to both! Each has it's pros-cons!

I was at Passion prior to wilma, and it was absolutley beautiful, just like the corona commercial. The food and drinks were excellant, as was the service. Passion is much prettier than Palancar, but very expensive, and a long commute there and back. It seemed we had just gotten settled in and it was time to leave (we got there late though cause the tour guide was waiting on late cruisers to show up, so got jipped out of about 45 minutes of time on the beach waiting for other cruisers to meet at the bus.

Palancar is very nice. The beach/sand/water itself is not quite as pretty, but it was quiet and serene. Much less expensive with no admit fee, and food and drinks were very good and very reasonably priced. The service was excellant. Commute time to get there and back much shorter then going to Passion, a 20.00 cab ride each way, but was there in about 15 minutes versus an hour or so each way to and from Passion. Can stay as long as you wish, not rushed off the beach for the next group. Spent much less money here, and had a lovely day. Rustic, don't expect a bunch of fancy amenitities.

If on a tight budget, would do Palancar again in a heart beat. If not, and don't mind spending a chunk of the day commuting, would do Passion again in a heartbeat too!

I just posted pictures of Passion Isalnd on another thread...look at the 'post Wilma passion Island" thread and the other Passion Island thread...we were there on April 8th it was very nice...all the coronas you care to drink...lovely beach..(see my avatar) 'Miles from Ordianry'..The bus ride and boat ride to get there was not bad for us...the tour guide (Alex) was very enteraining and learned everyone's name with in 5 minutes of being on the bus... and If you want to do some shopping on the way back to the ship they will drop you in the 'shopping market' area...Also remember that Passion Island is only available to cruise line guests, so it is very safe... I'd definatly go back again...the time does seem short, but you get a full 3 hours on the sand and that was more than enough time to get sunburned even thu sunblock ;) Hammocks for your resting pleausre...and so quite..no music or anything...just the sound of the ocean!!!!:D :D

Archived