Wellwishers....No More

oooohDonna

I see how it is! Let's make fun of the new people on the board . When you leave here you bash them even more on your other thread:cool:

I didn't even see whether or not the OP of this thread was new or not... it doesn't matter. Then again, on this board and many others, ignorant posts, will sometimes lead to ignorant answers... sad but true. However, the OP of THIS thread was not being ignorant.

I didn't even see whether or not the OP of this thread was new or not... it doesn't matter. Then again, on this board and many others, ignorant posts, will sometimes lead to ignorant answers... sad but true. However, the OP of THIS thread was not being ignorant.

Gee how come I'm not surpirsed you would reply:confused: Isn't ignorant a little strong?

Gee how come I'm not surpirsed the you would reply:confused: Isn't ignorant a little strong?

I made a general statement, that if a post is ignorant, sometimes that is how people will reply. Has nothing to do with this thread... you brought another thread into this... I was simply replying. Ignorance begets ignorance. Not saying it's right, just saying it happens.

I made a general statement, that if a post is ignorant, sometimes that is how people will reply. Has nothing to do with this thread... you brought another thread into this... I was simply replying. Ignorance begets ignorance. Not saying it's right, just saying it happens.

It still seems harsh. Maybe some people are a little ignorant about things on the cruise ship. That's why they are asking questions.( and yes I brought another thread into this...........just like I have seen you and many others do on other threads) Not everyone knows all the ropes. That's why they are asking. Granted yes same questions have been asked many times - but no need to bash.

Don't forget folks, Conquest sails from Galveston and I read that there are very strict liquor laws there. I read that the bars can't even serve alcohol (on board) at some times until the ship is in International waters. So if you are sailing from another port there may not be a problem.

Unfortunately it's every port. I got a reply from Wellwishers saying that it also incudes the Port of Miami.

It still seems harsh. Maybe some people are a little ignorant about things on the cruise ship. That's why they are asking questions.( and yes I brought another thread into this...........just like I have seen you and many others do on other threads) Not everyone knows all the ropes. That's why they are asking. Granted yes same questions have been asked many times - but no need to bash.

Well obviously you and I are referring to two different things. I would NEVER ever EVEN IMAGINE thinking about referring to a poster as "ignorant" simply for asking questions, or not knowing the ropes. FTLOG, I think most people that have been around here, would vouch for that. Nor would I "bash" someone for asking questions repeatedly. I thought you were referring to the "dranking" poster, which was completely different and had nothing to do with knowing the ropes, or even cruising.

Just face it people, those of you who smuggle alcohol are just cheap selfish people for whom the rules do not apply. I certainly hope that none of you ever complaim about the chair hogs or any other rule breakers because they are doing exactly the same thing as you are. Disregarding the rules.

Just face it people, those of you who smuggle alcohol are just cheap selfish people for whom the rules do not apply. I certainly hope that none of you ever complaim about the chair hogs or any other rule breakers because they are doing exactly the same thing as you are. Disregarding the rules.

Ummm........never thought of myself as cheap or selfesh:confused: Glad you know me better than myself:D (or is that a general statement?, If so I won't take it personally:D ) We just like to relax on our balcony and reach into our ice chest for a couple of cold brewskis. Instead of lugging buckets of beer up to to cabin:D

Ummm........never thought of myself as cheap or selfesh:confused: Glad you know me better than myself:D (or is that a general statement?, If so I won't take it personally:D ) We just like to relax on our balcony and reach into our ice chest for a couple of cold brewskis. Instead of lugging buckets of beer up to to cabin:D

You realize you can order a bucket of beer from room service? No lugging necessary:D

Well, now I know. I am a cheap,selfish person. And, some of the best cruisers I've ever met or wish to meet are cheap, selfish persons. I guess I just fit in with that type of cruiser.

Kurbanfan--you are welcome in my cabin anytime for an adult libation of your choice--you selfish, cheap person.

One bucket:confused: you don't know our group of friends:D They won't bring that many at a time. Also no lugging for me.......we have wheela:)

They will bring as many as you order. I promise... we've had them bring it on a rolling cart. If you think that Carnival is going to put a limit on the amount you can order, you are crazy :D

Well, now I know. I am a cheap,selfish person. And, some of the best cruisers I've ever met or wish to meet are cheap, selfish persons. I guess I just fit in with that type of cruiser.

Kurbanfan--you are welcome in my cabin anytime for an adult libation of your choice--you selfish, cheap person.

Thanks for the invite gsb!

I'm sure we will have alot in common! :rolleyes:

They will bring as many as you order. I promise... we've had them bring it on a rolling cart. If you think that Carnival is going to put a limit on the amount you can order, you are crazy :D

But as gsb stated.....not at a reasonble price;)

But as gsb stated.....not at a reasonble price;)

Not reasonable to you... a bucket of beer is a great price on Carnival, IMHO, compared to similar venues. As said, to each their own... Believe me, when I get my S&S bill, after I recover from the initial heart attack, I think "I wish I could get this down"... but that passes by the time I go on my next cruise... I'm not a beer drinker, except for the occasional bucket of corona's... So I just can't imagine having to take that much beer on a ship, seems like a hassle... but hey, until they start enforcing it, have at it!!!

I'll be throwing in several minis of Bailey's. Not because I'm cheap (not) or selfish (can be), but because I like it in my coffee in the morning on vacation. The room service menu I've seen states that you can order bar room service, but not until eight :eek: . I like my coffee earlier, and not ready to get out and find an open bar. Shoot me.:p

I'll be throwing in several minis of Bailey's. Not because I'm cheap (not) or selfish (can be), but because I like it in my coffee in the morning on vacation. The room service menu I've seen states that you can order bar room service, but not until eight :eek: . I like my coffee earlier, and not ready to get out and find an open bar. Shoot me.:p

That is what I take... for the same reason. Coffee and Bailey's in the morning is a MUST!!!!! And the bar never opens early enough... which is why on our last cruise, we had 15 bottles of champagne delivered :D LOL... gotta have mimmies in the morning, can't wait until 9:30... what would the point be then??? :D

That is what I take... for the same reason. Coffee and Bailey's in the morning is a MUST!!!!! And the bar never opens early enough... which is why on our last cruise, we had 15 bottles of champagne delivered :D LOL... gotta have mimmies in the morning, can't wait until 9:30... what would the point be then??? :D

DITTO on the mimmies. Thank goodness there's no time constraint on the OJ!!

Not reasonable to you... a bucket of beer is a great price on Carnival, IMHO, compared to similar venues. As said, to each their own... Believe me, when I get my S&S bill, after I recover from the initial heart attack, I think "I wish I could get this down"... but that passes by the time I go on my next cruise... I'm not a beer drinker, except for the occasional bucket of corona's... So I just can't imagine having to take that much beer on a ship, seems like a hassle... but hey, until they start enforcing it, have at it!!!

Bucket a beer great price? What am I missin gsb? I would rather give my money to some mom and pop store in port for a heck of alot cheaper. Plus I like to help out small business:) We are big beer drinkers so I know a reasonble price when I see it:) But hey! I will remember to order some buckets from room service next time we run out of our own:D Thanks!

This bad news couldn't have come at a worse time...

I had planned on calling WellWishers Thursday morning (I still will... cause I just don't believe it) to make my order.

I had to wait because my credit card statement is printed tonight... which means I won't have to worry about paying for anything I charge tomorrow, for 9 weeks...:D

I was going to get a full set-up for Long Island Iced Tea... if it's true about wellwishers, I'll have to regroup...:eek:

I'm hoping it's just the beer that's obvious... and not the spirits...

Exactly!! Now THAT would SUCK!!! :D

Do they carry Cranberry juice? My friend and I created a new drink years ago - the Crimosa - a mimosa with Cranberry juice. Pretty darn good (at least it was sitting on the dock of the bay in FL - hmmm someone should write a song.). :D

Do they carry Cranberry juice? My friend and I created a new drink years ago - the Crimosa - a mimosa with Cranberry juice. Pretty darn good (at least it was sitting on the dock of the bay in FL - hmmm someone should write a song.). :D

Yup!! You can order it from any bar... I like it just with the champagne (A poinsetta)... YUM!!! That is my usual weekend wake up drink!! :D Generally when we cruise, we have a FORALM (Friends of Ricky and Lucy Meeting) each morning on deck (where we try to remember the night before :D ) and have mimmies, poinsies and spicey BM's... then start having shots around 11... starts the day off RIGHT :D

Archived