Wellwishers....No More

oooohDonna

Look, it's really getting silly debating this issue and it's really a matter of personal choice.

...maybe I just don't get how it is a matter of personal choice, when the rules clearly state you can't bring booze on board. (excluding your one bottle of wine).

To me that just says, I'm arrogant and think the rules don't apply to me.

It's not a matter of personal choice it's a matter of I'm going to break the rules, or I'm NOT going to break the rules. Personal choice is what color dress pants you are going to wear in the dining room, or what you are going to order for dinner...

...maybe I just don't get how it is a matter of personal choice, when the rules clearly state you can't bring booze on board. (excluding your one bottle of wine).

To me that just says, I'm arrogant and think the rules don't apply to me.

It's not a matter of personal choice it's a matter of I'm going to break the rules, or I'm NOT going to break the rules. Personal choice is what color dress pants you are going to wear in the dining room, or what you are going to order for dinner...

It's still a choice, no matter good or bad:)

Kurbanfan--now we're arrogant rule breakers!:D Kinda feel like Robert Redford and Paul Newman in the Sting or Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid. I don't think we're as bad as Tony Soprano--yet.

This cheap, selfish, arrogant rule breaker is heading to Meijer for a case of Labatt's. Need some practice before the cruise comes around. I'll probably feel bad paying only $16/case rather than the $124 I'd pay on board. I might just make an airplane out of a $100 bill and float it out the car window to see if it makes me feel good. ;)

Hey, I have posted this on other threads, but my dilemma is that they don't carry Maker's Mark on the ship - - not at the bars or through Bon Voyage services. I was ready to order a bottle for hubby, but no go.

From what I understand, Jack Daniels is the next best thing, but it's a step waaaaaaaaaay down from Maker's Mark. DH said "yuk, plew, ewwww" when I suggested it. :( I also suggested Jim Beam and he shot me the evil eye. Apparently, I know nothing about kentucky straight bourbon whiskey!

Ok, so I am back to smuggling or ordering from somewhere to have it delivered. Bad Kaki.

OR - - I could bring some mini's for him, if they make em. Goingcruisin, I think you mentioned bringing mini's? How many have you brought? Where did you pack em? Any troubles?

Venture, have you talked with Well Wishers yet about the liters of liquor delivery?

I want my DH to have his Maker's Mark one way or the other. He doesn't like anything else, and I think he should be able to have it on his vacation.

So, flame me if you must, but I don't care :p

I agree. It's a choice. I have never smuggled booze on board (I think simply because I'm too lazy to lug it.) Would I some day... maybe, but I don't feel it is my 'right' to do it becuase of the drink prices on board, or whatever other reason I can think of. I have cruised, and done all inclusive resorts, if I expected to not pay a lot of money for booze I'd go to another all-inclusive resort. I prefer cruises.

Please feel free to smuggle if like to do it, just be able to admit that it is wrong! :p

Don't justify smuggling booze, just do it if you feel you need it for whatever reason, brand, timing, consumption amount.

Kurbanfan--now we're arrogant rule breakers!:D Kinda feel like Robert Redford and Paul Newman in the Sting or Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid. I don't think we're as bad as Tony Soprano--yet.

This cheap, selfish, arrogant rule breaker is heading to Meijer for a case of Labatt's. Need some practice before the cruise comes around. I'll probably feel bad paying only $16/case rather than the $124 I'd pay on board. I might just make an airplane out of a $100 bill and float it out the car window to see if it makes me feel good. ;)

Send that $100 dollar bill my way, so I can stock up on my brewskis for our next cruise:D After all I am cheap:D

Ohh, a crimosa sounds yummy. Great now I have to figure out how to also smuggle another liquor on board. :rolleyes:

Add me to the selfish, memememe, don't-have-a-pole-stuck-up-my-arse club..... And frankly, I, the hillbilly westerner who thinks anything over $3 a beer is rediculous, hopes to be sloshed enough not to care about those chair hogs anyways... Don't mind me, I'll be the one in the dining room with blue jeans on!

Hey, I have posted this on other threads, but my dilemma is that they don't carry Maker's Mark on the ship - - not at the bars or through Bon Voyage services.

I would call WellWishers. It sounds from the posts that I have read that they have banned the delivery of cases of beer... not necessarily spirits.

I would call them... and not take anyone's word on this board regarding Bon Voyage deliveries by outside companies... find out first hand...:)

Ohh, a crimosa sounds yummy. Great now I have to figure out how to also smuggle another liquor on board. :rolleyes:

Add me to the selfish, memememe, don't-have-a-pole-stuck-up-my-arse club..... And frankly, I, the hillbilly westerner who thinks anything over $3 a beer is rediculous, hopes to be sloshed enough not to care about those chair hogs anyways... Don't mind me, I'll be the one in the dining room with blue jeans on!

Welcome to the club:) Maybe we shouldn't call it a club.............we will be accused of being childish too!

Welcome to the club:) Maybe we shouldn't call it a club.............we will be accused of being childish too!
\

Kurbanfan--I vote to make NurseAngela a charter member of our club.

By the way --my case of Labatt's was $15.23. Now I really feel bad.:p

I would call WellWishers. It sounds from the posts that I have read that they have banned the delivery of cases of beer... not necessarily spirits.

I would call them... and not take anyone's word on this board regarding Bon Voyage deliveries by outside companies... find out first hand...:)

I just called them.

They can still deliver WINE...but no beer at all, not even in a gift basket.

I emailed wellwishers and just got a reply back that all orders placed before they were "asked" by CCL not to deliver beer anymore will be delivered. Phewww....I feel better now. Cheap, selfish, rule breaking ME wants to enjoy a cold one on the balcony:D Everyone have a great day.

I emailed wellwishers and just got a reply back that all orders placed before they were "asked" by CCL not to deliver beer anymore will be delivered. Phewww....I feel better now. Cheap, selfish, rule breaking ME wants to enjoy a cold one on the balcony:D Everyone have a great day.

Wait... if you are ordering through Wellwishers, and Carnival is allowing it, how does that make you cheap, selfish and rule breaking? I know you want to join the club, but your situation doesn't quite fit... sorry!!! :D Next time, when you smuggle, you can join their club :D

\

Kurbanfan--I vote to make NurseAngela a charter member of our club.

By the way --my case of Labatt's was $15.23. Now I really feel bad.:p

You know, you people smuggling beer on board really tick me off! Yes it does affect me! Yes, it does diminish my cruise! Yes, I cannot find Labbatts in cans down here in Florida to smuggle on-board! And yes, if I can't smuggle Labbatts on-board, you shouldn't either! Guess it'll be Miller-Lite. (Sigh :( )

I believe I also deserve charter membership status here, but I will leave that decision up to the board.

Now we need a name.... SARB?

Smuggling is a no brainer to me. Why pay Carnival's prices when you can just put your own alcohol in your luggage? You don't even have to hide it when you put it in your checked luggage. They don't care, if they did, they would confiscate it. I would hate to think I wasted hundreds of dollars on Carnival booze when I can bring my own and Carnival will even keep it iced down for me. Less money I spend on booze means more I can spend somewhere else. We all know the real rule is "Don't ask, Don't tell".

You know, you people smuggling beer on board really tick me off! Yes it does affect me! Yes, it does diminish my cruise! Yes, I cannot find Labbatts in cans down here in Florida to smuggle on-board! And yes, if I can't smuggle Labbatts on-board, you shouldn't either! Guess it'll be Miller-Lite. (Sigh :( )

I believe I also deserve charter membership status here, but I will leave that decision up to the board.

What do you think? Venture, gsb, nurse and all you other selfish/cheap/disrespectable #@#@#@!!!

and maybe gypsy?

You are all complaining about the price, did you ever think that if you didn't smuggle than the price would be lower.

I have read it all, you all still buy a drink here and there but if you don't smuggle you will buy 2 more drinks here and there (million people x 2 drinks) is alot of money Carnival is losing.

Who pays the price for the smuggles, the non smuggles.

What are you really saving, $50 for the week.

I'd bet my last dollar that all you rule breakers are the same ones who complain about the dress code rule breakers. Do as I say, but not as I do.

You are all complaining about the price, did you ever think that if you didn't smuggle than the price would be lower.

I have read it all, you all still buy a drink here and there but if you don't smuggle you will buy 2 more drinks here and there (million people x 2 drinks) is alot of money Carnival is losing.

Who pays the price for the smuggles, the non smuggles.

What are you really saving, $50 for the week.

I'd bet my last dollar that all you rule breakers are the same ones who complain about the dress code rule breakers. Do as I say, but not as I do.

Huh:confused:

Yes, I cannot find Labbatts in cans down here in Florida to smuggle on-board! And yes, if I can't smuggle Labbatts on-board, you shouldn't either! Guess it'll be Miller-Lite. (Sigh :( )

That's because you have too many B's -- http://www.labatt.com/

Just kidding. Ok, I nominate you for membership. Guys?? Is he OK?

Your name alone is good enough for me.

You should be able to find cans somewhere around you. Good luck.

SARB ?? I've got a couple of guesses.

Archived