Wellwishers....No More

oooohDonna

You are all complaining about the price, did you ever think that if you didn't smuggle than the price would be lower.

I have read it all, you all still buy a drink here and there but if you don't smuggle you will buy 2 more drinks here and there (million people x 2 drinks) is alot of money Carnival is losing.

Who pays the price for the smuggles, the non smuggles.

What are you really saving, $50 for the week.

I'd bet my last dollar that all you rule breakers are the same ones who complain about the dress code rule breakers. Do as I say, but not as I do.

Ok guys. No consideration for membership for this one. A lost cause.:(

I've been following this for days and it's just toooooo funny. Now lets do the math.

It takes about 500 sailings to have 1 million pax. (500 x about 2000 per sailing). If half of the pax's buy one drink at $4.50 each that's

$2.25 MILLION dollars. My best friend owns a bar and even at his small quantity his cost for a bottle of beer is .68 cents (or $340,000 to buy half a million bottles). I don't know about you folks but I'd beg, borrow or steal (or smuggle) $340K to earn that tidy profit of $2.25MIL.

If they lowered the price, more people would BUY the drinks rather than smuggle and their profit margin would remain high.

Until then I'll just keep smuggling (my own Amareto goes great with all the free OJ I can get into a giant 64oz big gulp mug each morning at breakfast:D ) and enjoy cruising!

One more question. Is the proper attire for smuggling jeans and T's or should I dress it up a bit to avoid suspicion:confused:

mgasaway--you're in(subject to the guy's approval).

.68 a beer? his cost? That's over $16 a case! What beer is it?:eek:

That's his average cost from his distributor. Some are higher, some are lower. Something to do with the taxes on alcohol for resale. Still, he sells his for $2-$3 a bottle and still stays in business (and he doesn't automatically add 15% to each order to pay his staff). It would actually be cheaper to go to the local gas station or grocdery store and buy his cases, but away goes the liquour liscense if he got caught. Now draft beer averages about a nicle a glass.

(and he doesn't automatically add 15% to each order to pay his staff).

Don't get me wrong, we may be cheap but I sure make sure our room stewart is paid well to keep ice in the ice chest.

We make sure our cabin steward is taken care of generously. I was refering to the automatic 15% they tack on when you walk up to the bar and order a drink.

I'd bet my last dollar that all you rule breakers are the same ones who complain about the dress code rule breakers.

All you rule breakers? Lmao I'm guessing you have never broken a rule? If you have broken a rule, welcome to the club! If not, OMG, Jesus is posting on this message board. :rolleyes:

What do you mean...maybe Gypsy? Look here guys, I helped start all this tit for tat yesterday (seems like last week as long as it's been going). I want to be part of the club Pretty please;)

Of course you are welcome:) ummmmmmmmm but goincruisin is going to challenge you again:cool: We also welcome the ones out there that do(smuggle) or bring their own, but won't admit it:cool: See how reasonable we are:D

...maybe I just don't get how it is a matter of personal choice, when the rules clearly state you can't bring booze on board. (excluding your one bottle of wine). Personal choice is what color dress pants you are going to wear in the dining room, or what you are going to order for dinner...

Any suggestions on what kind of liquor to bring onboard? I want to try something different. I also want to get a nice flask to put some port wine in for when I indulge in a cigar...gold or silver?

Any suggestions on what kind of liquor to bring onboard? I want to try something different. I also want to get a nice flask to put some port wine in for when I indulge in a cigar...gold or silver?

I don't drink alcohol, so I can't help you on that...

But I'd go for the silver flask to carry your beverage!

I'll even carry it for you!

We take vodka--good with any of the juices on board, Malibu rum--good with the juices and coke, CC and Crown Royal--good by themselves or whatever you prefer.

Then there's always the Labatts!! Good to keep in the fridge and your collapsible cooler. Great to take off on excursions, too.;)

I said for a BUCKET of beer... you get a break on a bucket. And yes, I still say a great price, when compared to similar venues (everyone keeps reading only the part they want to read!!! :p )

And btw, we stopped debating the issue and were on to much more fun issues... like kids in the hot tub :p

They won't arrest people, they will just start confiscating it... it's not illegal, just against their rules :rolleyes:

I know what you said and I politley disagreed. can't say much mo den dat!

Just back from the April 1 Liberty sailing. My group (22 cabins used Wellwishers for several cases beer (1 per cabin and soda ) and a few even ordered spirits.

All were received. Funniest thing is the beer was wrapped in white birthday paper with ribbon and all.

It was much cheaper than the 4.50 PER beer price I was quoted by CCL.

Ohhhhh... you're in trouble.... appears you broke the beer delivery system...:eek:

Check out the 'Just Because of You Deliveries' thread...:D

Awwwww No more cases only baskets of beer........Which to me doesnt make sense but hey.......Apparently a large group ordered almost a truck load on a recent cruise and it caused a red flag........Imagine that

:rolleyes:

Elle

Ohh, a crimosa sounds yummy. Great now I have to figure out how to also smuggle another liquor on board. :rolleyes:

Add me to the selfish, memememe, don't-have-a-pole-stuck-up-my-arse club..... And frankly, I, the hillbilly westerner who thinks anything over $3 a beer is rediculous, hopes to be sloshed enough not to care about those chair hogs anyways... Don't mind me, I'll be the one in the dining room with blue jeans on!

This quote makes me feel really close to NurseAngela--my type of lady;)

Had to have her in there with us.

• 3 months later...

Archived