newbie questions

dollymomma

this is my first cruise ever (leaving april 26th), and i "plan" to workout every day... how do i deal with the sweaty clothes issue? i am sailing the star, and understand that there is no DIY laundry services... am i destined to pay for drycleaning for my junky workout clothes? i can't fathom paying for that! however, i also can't fathom having a suitcase full of stinky workout clothes either...

second question... dh and i are not drinkers, so with that in mind, how much can we expect our final cc bill to be when we settle up??? we plan to bring our own pop, don't plan to buy any on board... don't know about the specialty restaurants...

what are the MUST DO's for acapulco, PV, and cabo?

i'm sure i'll have plenty more questions as the days go by;)...

Dollymomma - you have two options with the workout clothes. First is you can have the ship launder them for a small fee. Toward the middle of the cruise they will offer a special deal which can save you some $$$. The cost is not too high, and it's laundering, not dry cleaning. ;)

The other option is to purchase a few of the new huge ziplock bags, and place your workout clothes in those - thus separating them from the rest of your stuff! :D

Have a fabulous time!

this is my first cruise ever (leaving april 26th), and i "plan" to workout every day... how do i deal with the sweaty clothes issue? i am sailing the star, and understand that there is no DIY laundry services... am i destined to pay for drycleaning for my junky workout clothes? i can't fathom paying for that! however, i also can't fathom having a suitcase full of stinky workout clothes either...

second question... dh and i are not drinkers, so with that in mind, how much can we expect our final cc bill to be when we settle up??? we plan to bring our own pop, don't plan to buy any on board... don't know about the specialty restaurants...

what are the MUST DO's for acapulco, PV, and cabo?

i'm sure i'll have plenty more questions as the days go by;)...

Hi ..on our 3/26 Dawn cruise we got a flyer twice during the cruise from the laundry with an offer of all the clothes you can stuff in a bag for 20 bucks...as for your final bill..everything you buy on the ship goes on the account including a 10 doller per pax per day service charge for tips so it depends on how much you buy at the shopping center ..photos...etc....as to the final amount..Hope this helps :D

we are first time cruisers also, and we are sailing with you. go to the rollcall thread and come and join us. most everyone there has cruised many times and are very helpful with any questions you might have. we are also going to have a meet and greet you might like to come to.

denise

I would suggest taking 4 or 5 sets of work out clothes with you and they will have once to twice a deal on laundy...fill the bag for one price....it's still more than doing your own AND if you took your own detergent and softner you could always wash them out yourself and hang them on the line in the shower to dry ;)

Archived