stella on tap

phantaIII

hello cunard lovers-

on my last sailing on the QE2 in 2003 a pint of Stella was $3....anybody know if this is still the price? how about on the mary?

thanks a bunch.

Don't forget the 15% on top......

Mind you, drink enough of them and you'll not care how much they cost!:D

Three trips around the ship to burn the calories of one pint of Stella. I'll be doing about twelve trips a day just for Stella. Desert at Todd English, that's another ten trips. Rum with a cigar in the evening three more trips. Wow! Thread

Three trips around the ship to burn the calories of one pint of Stella. I'll be doing about twelve trips a day just for Stella. Desert at Todd English, that's another ten trips. Rum with a cigar in the evening three more trips. Wow! Thread

At that rate you'll practically walk the entire distance to England or wherever it is that your voyage is bound for.:D

Cruiserking

I'll be on the QM 2 for 24 days. That is quite a few trips around the deck. I might not have a dessert every day now that I think about it. Another thing that one has to deal with for so many days at sea is the disease that only time and Visine will cure, "Stella syndrone".

I can't tell you what they are today, but I can tell you what a Stella Artois cost on January 4th of this year.

It was $3.95.

How do I know this?

Marc forgot that tips are already included on drinks, so he added a regular 20% to all of our drink slips. Since that now made a whopping 35% tip, and Cunard no longer gives you a receipt (so you can't check to make sure you didn't get charged for someone else's drinks because they accidentally gave the wrong cabin number, as happened to us last year) I had to ask the purser to print up copies of our receipts to check to see how much we had overtipped. All told, the total was not a huge amount, and we figured our bartenders/waitpersons/wine stewards probably needed it more than we did, so in the end, we left it all alone and did not adjust any of it off. (Next cruise I don't let Marc have his own card!<G>)

BTW, a Boddington's is $4.25, a Sapphire Martini is $8.00, Mojitos were $4.50, Margaritas $5.95, Hennessy VSOP $6.50, Bass Ale $3.95, a GLASS of Veuve Cliquot (at dinner) was $10.00 (I asked for the house champagne)

Oh, yes- Those basses were Pints. A half pint was $2.25. I guess it must cost a lot more to wash two shorter glasses than 1 tall one! <G>

Karie,

Who suddenly has an affinity for tap water! (NOT!)

Karie, you are the quintessential libationary QM 2 resourse! Thread

All completely selfless, I assure you!

I share my art only for the benefit of those who come after. (Which is not the same as those who come after me!) Actually, there were other drinks as well- Honestly, I only do this for my public!

(brushing back of hand across forehead, dramatically)

Ah, the sacrifices I make for my public!

Karie,

who is only too glad to wield her onboard card for the greater good of the knowledge of future generations of voyagers.

Don't even ask me about the quite numerous instances of something called "Between the Sheets" I was afraid to remember if that was some kind of fancy drink or....

With the help of a Red Hook, I will attempt to catch many of those Basses ! All seriousness aside, Stella, you're still #1.

Threadfin, modeling Karie, names her in jest, "Good trip facilitator"!

So what you're saying here, Threadfin, is that you set out one of those long hooklines, a weighted line with hooks at various intervals and see how many DogFishHead (a micro-brewed beer) you can pull in. (As in threading fins) That would make you a Hooker (another Microbrewery- this one in Vermont. Almost had a Hooker Hibernian with dinner- oped for a mArgarita, instead. The above fishing line is called a trot line, usually used to catch river cathfish. Trots is something you might get a case of if you drink too much green beer. (expecially possible with "live beers' such as microbrews, which still have yeast in them.) By the way, Australia as a Full Sail Amber Ale (from Harbor Brewing Co.)

Karie,

Who needs to go find other pursuits before this goes too far! <G>

Fins up!

(It's a Parrothead thing, you wouldn't understand!)

I sea, Super K, you pelagic punster. Those are reely clever plugs (for microbrews) you throw out. I do catch your drift! You are correct. My sole porpoise is to snag a Stella and admire her head instead of a parrot's. Then, Thread staggers down the Deck 6 hallway(he is hopelessly middle class) and buffets the door to no avail. Finally, he jimmy's the portal with his keys, falls asleep fin's down, and where he goes he hopes there's rum. Threadfinis

I sea, Super K, you pelagic punster. Those are reely clever plugs (for microbrews) you throw out. I do catch your drift! You are correct. My sole porpoise is to snag a Stella and admire her head instead of a parrot's. Then, Thread staggers down the Deck 6 hallway(he is hopelessly middle class) and buffets the door to no avail. Finally, he jimmy's the portal with his keys, falls asleep fin's down, and where he goes he hopes there's rum. Threadfinis

Yeah, I know. It's late and I'm behind in my reading!

Threadfin- We must meat... I mean meet! I don't suppose we could talk you into the four day labor day jaunt...

I gotta go to St Somewhere!

Karie,

who is going to Jones Beach in July to see Jimmy

I'd love to go; however, I'll be in school with 125 7th graders whose lives need direction. "There are two paths that you can go by and there's still time to change the road you're on". I thought I'd Plant that in this. I'll be on the QM 2 all of June, returning to NY July 3rd. Then it's back to Palm Beach to fish for snapper all of July. I have a boat docked at Palm Beach Inlet. The Gulfstream is very close here, so you are in the ocean and catching fish in 15-20 minutes. If you guys are going to be in Ft. Lauderdale, we'll "hook up" ! ThreadMon

I'd love to go; however, I'll be in school with 125 7th graders whose lives need direction. "There are two paths that you can go by and there's still time to change the road you're on". I thought I'd Plant that in this. I'll be on the QM 2 all of June, returning to NY July 3rd. Then it's back to Palm Beach to fish for snapper all of July. I have a boat docked at Palm Beach Inlet. The Gulfstream is very close here, so you are in the ocean and catching fish in 15-20 minutes. If you guys are going to be in Ft. Lauderdale, we'll "hook up" ! ThreadMon

Have many PH friends in the area. No FLL this cruise. It goes to Um, Nova Scotia or somewhere <G> Dated a boy from PBG (Palm Beach Gardens) back inthe late 60's early 70s. Expeirenced my first 0 Gs at PBI in a P&WA club plane. Gee, the Gulf Stream, Or Jimmy's Gulfstream? I think he has one now in addition toi the Margaritavitch fishing boat, the Amphib (Grumman, which is on display in Orlando) Cessna Citation, and Gawd knows what else! Has a house there and one in the Hamptons, Long Island.

Hey! Do you think Cunard could get him on board as an entertainer? After all, they got Carly Simon! Hmmm, Coronas in the Golden Lion instead of Boddingtons? I shudder to think!

You have my abject sympathy. I was a 7th grader once or twice. (Nah, just kidding. I made it through in the requisite year. No WAY did they want me back for a second one!)

Karie,

who has gotten WAY off topic, but would love some fresh caught red snapper, or even better yellowtail- cooked, or not! "Squeeze the lemon baby, til the juice.... never mind!

P.S. Got to see Hoot last week! great movie! Maybe we can get Carl Hiaasen on board as a guest lecturer!

As to the lemon, "When the Levee Breaks'" the liquid will seek the lowest level, so it just makes sense in a metaphorical way that it would do that. Stella (on topic) with Bahamian fried yellowtail is succulent. I'll have to pack you guys a few on ice and overnight them to you. The boat Jimmy had last year was named, "The Last Mango". I don't know what he has now. The boat he had before that one was a really cool fishing type. It was docked at the Palm Beach Yacht Club. I don't know where the new one is. He may by now have another one. At 40 million a year, one can do such things. Pompano are are great too. In the winter, Jan-March, I have another boat in Stuart on the Indian River and I catch them in the flats. What a neat fish, fun to catch and better to eat. I always have ice cold Stella in the(on topic) cooler with me. My flats boat is too small for a keg. Threadling

Archived