Brandon Beach or Boatyard

Karencruiser43

I have read that Brandon Beach has jet skis, banana boat rides, water skiing, hobie cats and kayaks for rent. Anybody been there and can clarify that for me? Also can anybody compare this to the Boatyard. I know that boat yard is $12pp and there are no watersports, but wondering which would be the better of the two for 8 teenagers. Which is closer to the pier also. Sorry for all the questions, I am leaving next week and trying to decide what to do with my party of 30-40 people depending who wants to go where. Thanks.

Here's a description of Brandon's from Barbados.org:

"Barbados Beaches: West Coast Beaches: Brandons Beach

Brandons Beach is located just on the outskirts of the capital city of Bridgetown, on the west coast of Barbados.

The waters here are very calm and this is a great place to swim, but there is much more to do at this beach!

Weisers on the Bay is a great spot to hang out. Enjoy beach games and watersports or just relax in the shade of a sunbrella. Let one of their smiling waitresses pamper you with the best in Caribbean Cuisine and Cocktails as you dine in the palm covered restaurant!

Brandons is also the home of the Malibu Visitor Centre and Beach Club. Malibu offers several tour packages with such options as a guided tour of the rum distillery and a Bajan buffet luncheon tour. Watersports facilities, including wave runners, banana boat rides, water-skiing, windsurfing, Hobie Cat rides and kayaking are available, along with beach activities such as volleyball, football and paddle tennis.

The beach is only a couple of minutes walk from the Bridgetown Cruise Terminal, and so is the perfect place for cruise visitors to spend the day in Barbados".

Have I been there? Yes.

Did I like it? No. It's in a semi industrial area. If one can see the docks it's too industrial for me.

If you want watersports, Brandon's is the spot, along with the Boatyard. Go to Paynes/Mullins/Accra for a little more solitude.

Have a great time with whichever beach that you choose. :)

I think teenagers would enjoy the Boatyard more and yes, they do have water sports, they have kayaks, pedal boats, glass bottom boats, snorkeling, ocean trompoline, volleyball and an iceburg clime & slide. you can see it from the pier, we walked it and it took about 25 minutes, the taxi's are expensive in Barbados.

Thanks everybody leaving in two days and can't wait, just hope the weather holds up is hasn't looked to good on the weather website lately for the caribbean and it doesn't look too good for the week I am there either, so I am keeping my fingers crossed as I have a group of 40 people with me and I arranged the whole trip, but thanks for the input, I appreciate it very much.

Archived