Just back from Passion Island--'Isla Pasion'

parrotthead

Just back from Passion Island!

It is very pretty...think Corona commericals.:cool: There are no palm trees on the island since Wilma and a few buildings have not been rebuilt yet...but the bar and main papala (?) are up and running! There was still some shade because of other trees and small 'shelters' here and there. Also, two cabana type areas with several hammocks. The food was ok...not great just ok...but food is subjective, so others might have thought it was the best ever. The view is fantastic! Teh rum punch and passion punch are good ...very sweet tho...it is a pretty good walk from the beach/bar/main seating area to the restroom/changing room. Sand is white and the water is an amazing color of blue/green! The beach was sorta cluttered...some drink cups, straws, a few snack wrappers, etc...and watch out, there was a large peice of glass that was near the lounger chairs:eek: ..and Im sure there was more..the serve the coronas in glass bottles..so Id say to watch out for that. I'll tryed to post a picture (but I cant figure out how)...sorry have to work on posting pic...cant get it to post...;)

Our 'tour guide', Alex, was wonderful...learned everyones name on the bus ride over there and was very funny.

Worth the money...I'd go again!

I'd happily answer any questions...:cool:

• 1 year later...

We've been to Passion Island twice and I would say yes that your kids may be bored. We loved it but we had no kids with us. It a nice place to relax for people who want to be away from kids though. Food was great and beach was nice. We are trying Nachi Cocum next time we go in January. Seem to be about the same but with more options. We have read alot of good things about it.

from all I have read, I am going to assume my two kids ages

14 and 12 would be bored here?

Is it more of an adult only place?

thanks!

Unless they like to hang out at a quite beach and no not much, they do have volley ball and some games.

Can't get any info off RCI website for this. Can anyone tell me how much this excursion was, how long to get there, how long you got to stay, what was included, chairs available, etc. etc. Anything to help make the decision.

As of now we plan to do Paradise Beach, but want to see what this is before I decided for sure.

Thanks

We were there last July and I think the price was $80 or $90 per person. We booked through Carnival. The bus ride was about 30 min to and 30 min back. We were entertained the whole time on the bus ride by the tour guide Jorge. We stayed for 3 hours. I had a great time. Our group consisted of 7 adults and 8 kids ranging from 11 to 18. They had a great time and want to go again on our next cruise. The chairs are included in the price as well as food and drinks (carbonated, beer and some kind of rum punch). The day we were there the angel fish swam around us. The kids figured out that the limes from the beer attracted them. It was so cool!! Oh, I forgot to say that the bus driver would let you off in town if you wanted to shop. You did have to then walk or get a taxi back to the pier. We chose to stay on the bus all the way back to the pier. I wanted a shower before shopping. I'm not much of a shopper.

Archived