4/2 Jewel Review

Still trying to adjust to being back to reality and wishing we were still sailing in that warm Carribean sun. The 12 of us had a great time. With only 2 of the 12 having sailed before, I think it is safe to say we are all ready to book a new cruise. After my family's initial check-in nightmare the rest of the cruise was great. When we reached Miami and proceeded with our check-in, the NCL agent had only been on the job for about an hour and had only checked in 1 passsengar prior to us:eek:. Needless to say it took us 55 minutes to check-in and proceed on our way to the boat. It was hard on the kids having to sit there for that long while watching customer after customer breeze right through the process. They were great troopers though. The kids were so excited to see how big the ship is and roam around checking out the hub-bub of setting sail. Watching us pull out of Miami was exciting for all. My kids loved the Kids Club and begged everynight to go. I really did not believe what others had written and now I am a true believer that the kids really do love the crew members and all the fun activities. I have to say it was also nice for us to have adult only dinners with our family and be able to see the shows without worrying. The kids also made some friends and exchanged email addresses. It will be interesting to read how they all interpret their different experiences.

We had booked a hike and beach tour in our first port of Honduas, but unfortunately I was not feeling well and did not go. My DH took the kids instead (what a trooper he is) and they really liked the hike and tasting the different fruits grown in the region. He was a bit overcome by the joy ride in the bus on the way to the destination. He said "there are no rules to the rode, just whatever they feel like at the moment". Other than that they had a great time.

Fun was had by all!!!

Archived