river, land rover, caves tour review

susyls

What a great tour. We did this last week and really enjoyed the whole thing. The guides are very educated and the trip encludes so many different experiences it's just fantastic. They picked us up right at the ship and we went up this wonderful river looking for crocs and iguanas. We didn't manage to see anything but a croc tail dissapearing into the water and a tree full of iguanas. We arrived at the Land Rover plantation where we had access to lockers and bathrooms. We piled into the land rovers and drove for another hour further into the jungle up this rutty dirt jungle path. It was challanging and really fun. Then we arrived at the cave camp where we got our lights and water and headed up the path. This is not for the feable as there is a 4 foot boulder to climb as well as considerable stairs. In the caves we saw spiders and bats and neat rock formations. We had to crouch down and waddle for a few spaces. It was a workout for some. We returned down the path to the camp where we snacked on fruit and punch and waited for the party bus. This is a great excursion.

We also did the tour off RCL Splendour 2 weeks ago. It was very interesting, fun and yes it is a workout..the swinging bridge was my biggest fear...just don't like those things! We also saw a huge spider hanging from the cieling of a cave and a lot of bats. Dave was our guide and I liked that they divided you up in groups of 5 or so for the tour...makes it much more personal (cave part)

We booked our excursion through RCI. The tender picks you right up at the ship! The fruit "buffet" was delicious as was the $5 plate of rice/beans/chicken/plantains we purchased from the Belizean women at the Land Rover stop. The bathrooms were amazingly clean and the scenery was gorgeous. You stop at a Valencia orange grove on the river. The free rum punch was YUMMY. Lots of people on our excursion had lots of them:p

I can't wait to go back to Belize on a land vacation when I can spend more than 5 hours exploring this beautiful, unspoiled part of Earth!

Archived