Help!! Nail polish color for daughter's prom??

klh-or

My daughter's prom is Friday night. She has a manicure and pedicure scheduled. We aren't much into nail polish and haven't a clue what might be a good choice for her. Her dress is a medium shade of dusty lilac, she's wearing strappy silver sandals and has silver jewelry/purse. She is pretty fair skinned with a little more of golden undertones than pink. Suggestions?

I would go with a purplish/violet shade in a pretty iridescent color. Or a pink iridescent would be pretty too.

I'd not do a french manicure because I'm assuming she wants something more special and not everyday looking.

If she has a swatch of material from the dress, she might want to bring it with her to the salon to help make the choices easier.

If the manicurist uses OPI products,hey have some wondeful pale irridescent colors out now. There are the bridal colors, the princess colors, I'd do one of the softer colors. She really should take along a swatch of the dress, or the dress itself, colors can be so deceptive. If the manicurist doesn't use OPI, the line is carried in most beauty supplies, she could pick up her own bottle.

I hope your daughter has a lovely time at the prom, I can hardly wait for my daughters' first!

I would go with a french manicure, always looks great with any color!! Or a light color. Maybe a pearl white or any iridescent shimmer in a netural color. Tell your daughter to have a GREAT Time!!!!

I am 19, and i would say to get a french manicure. because, you have spent heaps of money for people to be looking at her dress, not her fngers!! but i woud say , do somthing diffrent for the peticure , like go for a silver, or light purple.

anyways im sure she will look stunning with what ever she chooses.

I would go with a french manicure, always looks great with any color!! Or a light color. Maybe a pearl white or any iridescent shimmer in a netural color. Tell your daughter to have a GREAT Time!!!!

Absolutely! You just cant go wrong with French or a pale/irridescent shade.

M.

I am a nail tech and use alot of OPI's products. On the toenails try the Violet's Surf over the entire nail and do a white free edge and then have them egde it in silver rhinestones. I have done this many times with many different colors and it looks great. I think I would do just a french manicure on the fingernails or have just a light coat over the enitre nail of Violets Surf.

My daughter graduated High School last year and I really miss the dress up and excitement of prom for her and me too!

Archived