What a fantastic holiday

cruiselover96

Well it's taken a few days to get sorted and to be able to get onto the computer to do a report.

First, met up with Lainie and Michael quite by fluke as we missed each other at the start of the cruise, we had done a few tours together without realizing who each other was:eek: . We also met up with Sandra, John & family and Leeanne, Mark and Max on the second week. It was so hectic though we didn't get to sit and have a couple of drinks apart from the first meeting. But when we bumped into each other we always had a chat. Lovely people, so glad we were at least able to meet and put a face to the names.:)

The Sky - the "white lady" went brilliantly. Not a problem in sight. The sailing was sooooo smooth, the only tilts were when she was dodging fishing nets. Never seen ocean water so smooth.

The food was great, dinners divine, lunches where we were on board were also wonderful. Breakfast out on the deck was always the same whereas in the dining rooms you had a few choices with your eggs. But there was plenty of it and wonderful as well.

The only negative thing I think at this stage I could say is that they ran out of certain beers and most chardy 2 or so days before returning to Singapore. On one day they ran out of VB 2 days into the cruise (that was the 2nd week). Luckily they stocked up at KL.

They had great sales on in the Ship, 75% off all Sky merchandise in the little gift shop, 30% off certain perfumes, 50% of other merchandise in the Boutique. Upto 50% of certain things in the Duty Free shop also. Anyone going on the last couple of cruises should make a killing if they haven't run out of everything by them:eek: .

This is the first time we haven't seen all the shows, we saw the Rock N Roll show and that was it. I think it was due to the fact that we had 2nd sitting for dinner and after that you didn't want to sit for a show. We spent most of our time outside. It was so warm and the nights were beautiful we didn't want to waste it by sitting in doors. Hubby also doesn't like AC very much so won't sit indoors for any length of time anyway.

To anyone doing the last lot of Asian cruises, you won't need cardys unless you stay indoors all day. From the heat and humidity and OMG it was bloody humid, when you went indoors it was a great relief. Just take extra T's or tops as the humidity will soak what you're wearing very quickly!

As usual the staff were fantastic. After the accident at Penang with Carlos in such a bad way, the staff really felt it but they kept going with a smile on their faces and some with tears in their eyes. With their families so far away, they are family for each other and really were devastated.

Tours - I'll try and keep this lot brief.

Kho Samui - Did the elephant trek and discovery tour to Chewang beach. Fantastic fun. What a hoot the elephant ride was and the beach is just beautiful. A beautiful area Chewang beach is.

Bangkok - Did Pattaya On Own in am. Beach lovely except for some broken glass, lots of young girls in bars and old men as well. Found Hard Rock and had a few ales (bloody hot, hot, hot). Did Patpong market tour that night in Bangkok, what an experience!! Went back the next day and did Bangkok on Own 2nd day tour. Did a long boat ride from Shangri-La to Grand Palance via Canel. Got ripped big time here!!!! by the tour girl on the bus:mad: and by a little old lady on a floating market. 500 baht for some stupid pencils and little wooden floating canoe. We got stooged but laughed at that. Wasn't laughing with the tour girl though. BE WARNED... they are not allowed to flog their own tours whilst they are working for P&O. I should have reported her but the tour desk was always so busy never got around to it. So BE WARNED and if they do try to flog a tour report them.

Would I go back to bangkok itself, don't know, still trying to decide on that one. Pattaya - yes for sure, not enough time was spent there, Bangkok I would stay overnight next time. Didn't this time as didn't feel comfortable not knowing where we were (silly I know, hubby wasn't impressed either!!)

Kauntan - Don't go to Swiss garden resort unless you want to sit by the pool all day. The beach is shocking. You stand in the water and you can't see past the water line. The only thing that saved the day was we hired Quad bikes for 100 baht each and had a great hour zooming around. I've never riden one before and was very nervous and apprehensive but it was great fun. A special thanks to the young girls that found them.

Singapore - Had breakfast with the Orangatangs. It was fabulous. Great zoo. Did the Night Safari the week before we cruised and were quite disappointed with it so wasn't too sure what to expect with the Zoo. But it was fabulous. Could have spent another hour or two there instead of being rushed to get back to the bus (did tour with ship).

The first week was fabulous, we had such a great time, met some wonderful people and made some great friends.

I'll post more after a quick break and dinner.

Kerri

hi cruiselover96. Sounds like you all had a great cruise and shore trips. Review is great. Glad SKY went so well for your cruise. Will you do another cruise in the future? if so where would you go ? did the faces match what you had imagine they may look like? are you going to put photos up somewhere so we can see them? if so let us know where . Welcome home and have pleasant dreams. suexxx

:D

Great catching up with you and "Wozza". We really enjoyed the week but were ready for home after the 2-3 days in Singapore. I think it just feels good to have a bit of room in the bathroom again! And then of course there's all the dirty washing that you bring home:(

Its really terrible about the accident - the Sky seems jinxed. Hope you enjoyed the second week anyway. Sounds like it would have been pretty full-on.

Look forward to seeing your photos

lol Lainie:o

• 2 weeks later...

glad to hear you enjoyed bangkok.

Did you go and see any "shows" at Patpong markets while there??

we were there for 4 days a few yars ago and found it very easy to get around and see the sights on your own. Even caught the local ferry boat and got a harbour/river cruise cheap!!

Archived