Advice on Western Cruise spots RCI?

I would like to go to Belize ( to dive ) - I am wondering about the other destination that on the cruise Cozumel & Costa Maya. Can anyone give me input on what there is to do at these spots with teens ( 14 & 18) We like to explore. I hear Cozumel is wiped out from the hurricane. I had planned Costa Maya to be our just hang out at the beach but Cozumel might be the same thing. Can you go to the ruins at Costa Maya easily? I am thinking of changing to eastern but really would prefer to go to Belize. Any Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Sophie

(Newbie)

Welcome Sophie!

You must go-go-go to Belize if you are a diver. As far as Cozumel, supposedly the reef has actually gotten bigger since the hurricane. I vote for the western route (if you haven't done one at all yet). The best thing to do is to check out the Ports of Call board, and see what everyone says about the ports you are interested in specifically.:)

Here is the link for the Cozumel board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

Archived