room sizes

IFLYNRV1

I just have completed my 3rd cruise. 1st one on Norweigan. Outside room w/ huge window and sitting area. and 2 on Dawn - Princess. 1st time inside room, last week was on the most common size room w/ a balcony. My next cruise is going to be in a mini suite (or suite if in swing the funds) but i'm wondering who has the biggest mini suite out there? prefer new / larger ships. My partner and I just did the 10 day Mexican riveria out of san fran. 2nd time on same ship, was on it last 5 years ago and everything was exactly the same. The ship was immaculate and the crew was very very good but my bed was terriable and my feet hung over the end (i'm 6 1'). The cabin 3 doors down from us was a mini suite, looked great, tons of marble, 2 bathrooms. i'm going to guess about 275sq ft - maybe 3. Does anyone know a web site I can check this out on ?

kindest regards

IFLYNVR

"cruisedeckplans" is a good web site. As Toto said, it's not completely accurate, but I doubt any single web site is.

Princess' web site lists sizes for the various categories for each ship. they're wise enough to precondition the sizes with "approximately". You'll still have a good idea of the square footage. For example the minisuite category for Dawn is listed at "370 to 536 sft, including balcony". My guess is the variance is not in the cabin size, but the size of the balcony.

http://www.princess.com/ships/index.html

"cruisedeckplans" is a good web site. As Toto said, it's not completely accurate, but I doubt any single web site is.

Princess' web site lists sizes for the various categories for each ship. they're wise enough to precondition the sizes with "approximately". You'll still have a good idea of the square footage. For example the minisuite category for Dawn is listed at "370 to 536 sft, including balcony". My guess is the variance is not in the cabin size, but the size of the balcony.

http://www.princess.com/ships/index.html

Over the past 25 years, I've been on more than 30 cruises and I have never been satisfied with the cabin descriptions provided in the brochures. When I got on board, some were better, some less than expected. I had hopes that with the capabilities of the web, things would have improved; but I think that the descriptions are even worse! "370 to 536 sq ft" is a mighty large variance in my book, even if it is just the balcony size. And which cabins in the category are 370 and which are 536?

Years ago, you (or your travel agent) could call the line and get the details of your particular cabin. But not now. The people who answer the phones have no idea. Last fall, I booked a mini-suite on the new Crown Princess in June, with the understanding that the ship wasn't completed yet. So, 2 weeks ago, I went to the Princess site to to get better particulars. When I clicked on my cabin # on the deckplan, it said that it was a regular outside cabin with balcony, not a mini-suite. I called Princess. After being on hold for 20 minutes, I was told that "the cabin is a mini-suite on the sister ship, so it must be on the Crown". They could only give me data on the category, not the particular cabin and I should rest assured that it would be a mini-suite. Two weeks later, the Princess site still shows my cabin as "outside balcony".

I'm also book on the Nautica in August. The Oceania site isn't any better in the particulars of individual suites, especially those at the bow and stern where the shapes are irregular.

The difference in the cabin sizes varys because mini suites are in different locations. The ones on the sides of the ship are one size, while the ones located AFT have different balcony sizes depending on which deck because of the design. Therefore they give you the entire range.

Archived